Janam Technologies LLC, provider of rugged mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, is working with StayLinked to offer terminal emulation software for its Android-powered rugged mobile computers.
StayLinked SmartTE is a terminal emulation modernisation solution that is fueling the massive migration from Windows-based devices to touch screen Android-powered rugged mobile computers in the supply chain. With StayLinked SmartTE, organizations can transform their ‘green screen’ application screens into easy-to-use, graphical screens while retaining their application’s functionality.
- StayLinked has certified Janam’s Android-based XG3, XG200, XM75, XT2/XT2+ and XT100 rugged mobile computers to ensure interoperability with its SmartTE software.
- More than 70 percent of rugged mobile computers in the warehouse run wireless terminal emulation to connect with business-critical, server-based applications. StayLinked’s SmartTE provides a speedy, reliable and secure experience to reduce the costs, implementation time and application performance risks typically associated with terminal emulation.
- With StayLinked’s single-server approach, organisations can now update their applications in real-time without production down-time. Dropped sessions, and the tremendous cost that comes with it, are a thing of the past with the elimination of vulnerable over-the-air protocols to transmit data.
- StayLinked SmartTE is designed to handle the demands of enterprise environments with 448-bit PCI-level encryption for ultimate data security.
- Janam’s relationship with StayLinked provides customers with access to StayLinked iQ. This business intelligence and analytics tool allows businesses to accurately measure the productivity of warehouse operations by collecting, analysing, and presenting device and worker information through an intuitive, browser-based console. It also enables businesses to diagnose and troubleshoot any inefficiencies due to worker inactivity, network outages or a number of other issues they may not have known existed.
Harry B Lerner, CEO, Janam Technologies, said: “Our relationship with StayLinked enables organizations of all sizes to quickly and affordably modernise their distribution center and warehouse operations. With SmartTE’s proven interoperability with Janam’s newest Android mobile computers, organizations gain access to a more intuitive and modern user experience while eliminating the risks that often prevent them from migrating their ‘green screen’ applications.”
Dan Hogan, President, StayLinked, said: “As the industry moves to touch screen Android mobile devices, existing applications must migrate as well. We are proud partners with Janam in establishing SmartTE as the most advanced terminal emulation modernisation solution in enterprise mobility.”
Justin Griffith, CTO, StayLinked, said: “SmartTE increases the available options and ease-of-use of graphical elements making modernisation on devices, such as Janam’s XT Series of mobile computers, easier and faster than ever. And the StayLinked Automation API delivers capabilities never before available in a terminal emulation product.”
Padraig Regan, General Manager, Europe, StayLinked, said: “Most terminal emulation environments have been starved of valuable information over the past 15 years. Through our extensive work at StayLinked Labs, our research and development division, we’ve been able to develop a robust platform that can provide customers with real worker productivity data and highlight what actions need to be taken to improve and maximise productivity.”