Henry Birch, the newly-appointed CEO at Shop Direct is making his first ever speaking appearance at InternetRetailing Conference. The finance and gaming veteran has recently taken over the operator of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com, VeryExclusive.co.uk and LittlewoodsIreland.ie. How will his digital, finance and mobile background shape the fashion retailer, digital retail and the retail industry as a whole?
Henry is a known staple of the gaming industry: after spending four years at William Hill, Birch was CEO of gaming giant Rank Group, where he led a strategic overhaul of the business and carried out its digital transformation. Shop Direct is already a role model in the digital retail space, with 69% of sales completed on mobile and its 49 million products delivered to 7,000 stores across the country – how will Birch’s unique experience steer the Group into an exciting new chapter?
Join IRC on October 11 in London and get the inside scoop into Henry’s plans for the digital department store. Plus, get unparalleled insight into the challenges and opportunities in the digital retail and delivery industry from 50+ speakers from Lidl, Harrods, Deliveroo, Google, Facebook, Alibabaand many more – covering the topics that keep retail executives awake at night:
- Fostering a culture of innovation: with retail disruptors shaking up the industry, how can all players catch up? It all starts with sowing the seeds of entrepreneurship and innovation in every company.
- Using Localisation To Drive International Sales: What are the secret ingredients to expanding internationally? Which best practices of localisation will ensure you can trade credibly internationally?
- Peak Trading Operations: What does an operational excellence strategy for busy periods look like?
- Preparing for the Future: how Will Ecommerce Develop By 2021 And What Should Retail Leaders Do About It Today?
- Mobile-First: why can you no longer afford not to tap into the M-commerce market, which was worth over £25bn last year?
There is no eCommerce without delivery: be a winner in both at the UK’s only event that brings together the retail and fulfilment boardrooms in an innovative format that fosters board-level collaboration, inspiration and interaction.
This unforgettable “unConference”-Conference rejects stale PowerPoint presentations and one-sided pitches: IRC is all about bringing together the sharpest retail and digital brains and devise the solutions the industry needs to Re:Skill, Re:Boot and Re:Generate Retail.