Sage told an audience at Accountex recently how artificial intelligence, machine learning and automated data collection will enable a world of always-on accounting.
Jennifer Warawa, Executive Vice President, Product Marketing at Sage gave a keynote speech and commented about how smart machines and artificial intelligence are already becoming accepted within the industry. "There's a seismic shift taking place in the accounting industry as a new, digitally native generation joins the profession. They expect anytime, anywhere access and instant business insights as standard – and see new technologies, such as artificial intelligence and bots as enablers rather than threats."
Also at the event, Sage announced the availability of two new products that take another step closer to this future. Sage Live for Accountants and Sage One Partner Edition are designed to help accountants grow their practices and move towards a cloud-based service model.
Sage Live for Accountants is a next-generation, integrated cloud accounting and practice management product that provides a single real-time source of information to enable firms to make significant improvements in their productivity and performance. Sage Live for Accountants:
- Allows efficiencies to be unlocked by reducing the time spent on low value processes and tasks
- Enables practices to track, analyse and manage their financial performance and workflow through one integrated product
- Empowers firms to redefine the way they work through mobility and enhanced collaboration
- Is scalable, flexible and built on the Salesforce App Cloud
Sage One Partner Edition addresses accountants serving sole-traders, entrepreneurs and micro-businesses. It makes it simple for accountants to on-board clients to Sage One, manage their billing and then work with them in real-time, providing additional services as they grow. Benefits include:
- The ability to on-board hundreds of clients quickly and easily to Sage One
- View critical practice and individual client data at the touch of a button, in real-time
- Grant practice colleagues different levels of access to client information
- Produce sets of accounts and tax returns in minutes
Alan Laing Executive Vice President, Partnerships & Alliances, said, "Through the Sage Partner Program, we're committed to helping accountants increase the value of their services by embracing the cloud, digitizing their practice management and improving collaboration with clients and colleagues. These new solutions reinforce Sage's position as the partner of choice for accountants worldwide."
Alison Parson, Business Services Manager, from UK accountant firm Albert Goodman, said, "Without a doubt, the biggest growth opportunities for accountancy firms lie within the transition from desktop to the cloud. Today's businesses demand flexibility – working anywhere and at any time and cloud accounting packages provide this. The interactivity and flexibility of cloud accountancy also present us with great opportunities to offer advice to our clients on the spot, which in turn helps us to strengthen client relationships".