The TransportLAB Hackathon (June 1-14) has just one goal: reward the most innovative concept to improve logistics in Europe.
Without transport, we'd barely have business. From supermarkets and retailers, farms to museums, most companies require it for their daily activities. The scope of transport and logistics is huge, but then so is the opportunity to turn things around for the better. This online event runs from June 1-14 and offers participants the chance to contribute to a more efficient and eco-friendly world of transport and logistics. The three themes of the event comprise Performance, Planning and Visibility. There are also prizes up for grabs for the Top 3.
1. Performance (e.g. (air)port performance dashboards)
2. Planning (e.g. use of idle capacity, shunt app, integral planning)
3. Visibility (e.g. Carbon Footprint per shipment, Track&Trace)
1. Cofunding (for the entrepreneurs willing to bring their solutions to the market)
2. Ticket to a tech conference (Pirate Summit in Cologne OR IODC in Madrid OR Web Summit in Lison)
3. Tech Gadget (Smart Band Talk OR Gear VR OR Parrot Jumping Sumo)
The whole point of this hackathon is to use the available data, sharing and combining them to come up with creative apps, dashboards, tools... The list is not exhaustive but you can expect data from the Port of Rotterdam, Schiphol Cargo data, real time data on highways, TomTom car data... as well as public sources of data like weather, parking, electric charging points, etc.