Silicon Labs will showcase the next wave of processing, sensing and connectivity innovations for the Internet of Things (IoT) at Embedded World 2016 in Nuremburg, Germany, Feb. 23-25, at Booth 4A-128.
Addressing an array of smart, connected device applications, Silicon Labs will demonstrate multi-node Thread and ZigBee mesh networks, Bluetooth Smart sensors and cloud connectivity, Wi-Fi modules, multiprotocol wireless SoCs, high-accuracy optical and environmental sensors, energy-friendly microcontrollers (MCUs) and connected home development platforms.
"The IoT is all about connectivity, and 2016 will be a breakout year for Thread networking, Bluetooth beaconing, multimode wireless SoCs and wireless biometric sensing," said Michele Grieshaber, chief marketing officer for Silicon Labs. "We're excited to share Silicon Labs' latest IoT innovations and solutions at Embedded World with a host of live, hands-on demonstrations."
- Discover the future of IP-based mesh networking with a live demo of a secure, scalable multi-node Thread network. See Silicon Labs' robust Thread software stack, multiprotocol wireless SoCs and development tools in action.
- See how easy it is to add Bluetooth Smart to your IoT connected devices and create wireless sensor and beaconing applications with Silicon Labs' Blue Gecko technology and easy-to-use wireless development kits and Bluetooth software.
- Simplify your IoT designs with Silicon Labs' flexible, high-performance multiprotocol wireless SoCs running Bluetooth Smart, ZigBee, and Thread software, as well as proprietary wireless protocols in the 2.4 GHz and sub-GHz bands.
- Add Wi-Fi connectivity to your IoT device quickly and easily with Silicon Labs' best-in-class Wi-Fi modules and development tools including the BGScript scripting language.
- Enhance your wearable health and fitness products with wrist-based heart rate monitoring (HRM) technology. Silicon Labs' new Si1144 optical sensor module and development tools provide the fastest path to adding HRM to your designs.
- Silicon Labs is demonstrating new and innovative optical sensors for ultraviolet (UV) index measurement, proximity sensing and gesture detection, as well as humidity and temperature sensors for an array of consumer, industrial and health care applications.
Process and Control:
- Meet the next generation of Silicon Labs' EFM32 Gecko portfolio with demos of our new Pearl Gecko and Jade Gecko MCUs with advanced hardware encryption and power management features, backed by Simplicity Studio tools like our Energy Profiler.
- Catch the buzz around Silicon Labs' expanding "hive" of EFM8 Bee MCUs, bringing unmatched performance, value and simplicity to your 8-bit designs. Whether your application requires USB, capacitive sensing or precision analog, we have your solution.
- Add cost-effective capacitive sensing to your embedded designs without the complexity of firmware development by using our new TouchXpress fixed-function controllers and Xpress Configurator and Profiler tools.
- Visit Silicon Labs' Connected Home Lounge and discover how easy it is to develop robust, interoperable connected lighting and home automation products with our ZigBee-based reference designs, wireless SoCs, ZigBee software and Simplicity Studio tools.
In addition to supporting live demonstrations, Silicon Labs' IoT experts will deliver the following conference presentations at Embedded World (NCC Ost):
- "Making the Right Connection: Understanding Wireless Protocol Options for the IoT," Wednesday, Feb. 24, 5:00 – 5:30 p.m., Session 20, Internet of Things II – IoT Architectures, Gateways & Testing
- "Processor Loading for a Router in a Connected Home Network," Thursday, Feb. 25, Noon – 12:30 p.m., Session 15/I, Bus Systems and Network Technologies
- "Peeling the Layers of Security for IoT Applications," Thursday, Feb. 25, 3:30 – 4:00 p.m., Session 24, Securing IoT Devices VI: Platforms & Layers