The first meeting of the RAIN RFID Alliance in Asia will be in Seoul, South Korea on 26-27 October, 2015. Hanmi, a RAIN RFID Alliance member, will host this meeting which will also be adjacent to the Internet of Things (IoT) Korea Exhibition. Hanmi has numerous RAIN RFID technology solutions for the pharmaceutical industry.
RAIN members are invited for both days, with members-only meetings on October 26th and the morning of the 27th. Non-members of the Alliance are invited to join us for a RAIN Alliance Open Meeting for half a day on the afternoon of October 27th. The members-only meetings will include RAIN RFID presentations, discussions, collaboration with the multiple RAIN Alliance workgroups (Solutions, Smart Packaging, Developers and Marketing/Education), and a Hanmi factory tour. The agenda for the Open Meeting includes:
- Introduction and Update to RAIN - Steve Halliday, RAIN president
- Learn about RAIN, what we are doing and how to get involved.
- Regulatory overview about RFID 860-960 MHz in Asia - Jacques Hulshof, Approbation Officer, Nedap
- An overview of the rules and regulations in some countries in Asia. It includes telecom organization, pricing, non- or local testing, needing a local representative, lead time, expiration of certificate, frequencies, power and a lot more.
- Gen 2v2 Conformance and performance - Josef Preishuber-Pflügl , CISC Semiconductor
- Ensuring quality of RFID systems: Tag and reader development, system design and manufacturing - Teemu Ainasoja, Product Manager, Voyantic Ltd.
- The presentation describes some common challenges effecting RFID system quality, and available methods for optimizing the system performance.
- Difficulties and recent progress in locating UHF passive tags - Hajime Kamiya, RFLocus Inc. As well as some other presentations still to be confirmed.
"For our first RAIN Alliance meeting in Asia, we have companies planning to attend from many different countries," said Steve Halliday, RAIN RFID Alliance President. "The UHF RFID industry has grown significantly in South Korea, and Hanmi has led the way for the pharmaceutical market. RAIN RFID is growing well throughout Asia."
The RAIN RFID Alliance has face-to-face meetings several times per year, in different regions of the world. This year's meeting in Europe was in February in The Netherlands, hosted by Nedap; and the North America meeting was in June in the USA, hosted by Intel.