Kramp Groep, one of Europe's largest technical wholesalers operating as a one stop supplier of spare parts, technical services and business solutions, is implementing Manhattan Associates' Distributed Order Management solution to strengthen customer relationships and boost sales revenues across its European omni-channel wholesale business.
Kramp will also leverage the Available to Commerce capabilities of Manhattan's Omni-Channel Solutions suite so it can intelligently direct orders to fulfilment locations that have the optimal mix of available inventory, labour capacity and delivery capabilities.
Based in the Netherlands, Kramp is a strategic partner for agricultural, landscaping and forestry companies, as well as for the earth-moving sector and OEM companies. Its strengths lie in having a strong online presence, operating with highly technical sales teams in 24 sales offices, and arranging overnight delivery of more than 500,000 individual parts to every corner of Europe.
Complemented by an intelligent supply chain and a network of nine distribution centres (DCs) in Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Sweden and the UK, Kramp processes up to 100,000 orders every day and is a trusted partner for its customers.
Manhattan's Distributed Order Management Solution and its complementary Available to Commerce capabilities will give Kramp the degree of flexibility and control it needs to compete more effectively over the coming years.
Operating alongside and complementing Kramp's Enterprise Resource Planning and Warehouse Management Systems, the Manhattan technology will, specifically:
- Enable Kramp and its dealer network to harness the power of always selling against network inventory and facilitate an "available-to-promise" service capability. This means they will have real-time information on what products are available and how quickly they can be delivered;
- Give Kramp's sales and dealership teams more flexible order fulfilment options, by allowing them to select the optimum source location (DC or direct supplier delivery) to maximise service levels across channels;
- Fulfil orders faster and more accurately;
- Support future, more complex fulfilment models such as merge-in-transit flows to provide single delivery to the customer;
- Simplify product, channel and geographical expansion.
Eddie Perdok, CEO at Kramp, commented, "Everything we do at Kramp is designed to make the process of ordering parts as easy as possible for our dealer network. Manhattan Associates' omni-channel solutions will underpin our business strategy, allowing us to optimise our supply chain in order to better service customers across channels."
Pieter Van den Broecke, managing director Central Europe, at Manhattan Associates, commented, "In seasonal industries like agriculture and forestry, timing is everything meaning farmers and estate managers need to know whether and when a spare part will be available. With Manhattan's Order Management Solution, Kramp is not only able to access a real-time picture of network inventory to be able to deliver almost half a million different parts next day across Europe, the solution also ensures Kramp is able to do this profitably. We're delighted to welcome Kramp to the Manhattan global customer community and look forward to enabling the technical wholesaler to deliver on its service and growth goals for many years to come."