A One Network Enterprises white paper.
Few concepts over the past few years have generated as much interest within the supply chain community as the 'control tower'. It seems that nearly every trade magazine and analyst firm has written about supply chain control towers. Software vendors have spent millions of marketing dollars promoting the idea that control towers would benefit today's manufacturers and retailers.
Are they correct?
This white paper investigates control tower technology and is organised in five parts as follows:
- first, it surveys the existing control tower literature and provides a working definition of "control tower";
- second, it explores why the concept has attracted so much interest from the market;
- third, it finds that control towers are largely a response to growing supply chain complexity;
- fourth, the paper reveals the five fatal flaws that most control tower solutions suffer from;
- fifth, it provides an alternative to the control tower approach—the multi-enterprise network platform;
- finally, it concludes with a look ahead.