For the second time, "EXCHAiNGE – the Supply Chainers' Convention", which takes place in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, on 24th – 25th June 2014, will attract industry professionals from around the world. This year's presentations and panel discussions will be looking at tomorrow's supply chain. Supply chain and operations professionals can sign up now at www.exchainge.de/en
After its successful debut last year, EXCHAiNGE returns this year with another broad spectrum of topics, ample time for networking, and presentations from over 40 high-profile speakers from the academic and business communities. Two top international experts will get the dialog started: In the first day's keynote, Danish social business strategist Jonathan Wichmann will talk about how the "crowd" has affected the supply chain. Dr. Robert de Souza from the University of Singapore delivers the second day's keynote about what supply chain professionals can learn from those in the field of humanitarian logistics. The conference will be moderated by Dr. Michael Henke, Director of Business Logistics at the Fraunhofer Institute for Material Flow and Logistics.
The EXCHAiNGE international business conference is an initiative of PwC, the trade journal LOGISTIK HEUTE, software developer AEB, the Fraunhofer Institute for Material Flow and Logistics, and the House of Logistics and Mobility (HOLM).
Conference attendees can look forward to attending and participating in the following sessions:
- Humanitarian logistics: Supply chains in disaster zones: what aid organisations can learn from SCM specialists in the industry.
- Promoting talent, continuing education: How continuing education translates supply chain expertise into a sense for sustainable development.
- Technology and innovation – next practices: Revolution of SCM business models?
- Network optimisation: Time for the next wave of optimisation?
- SCM simulation – supply chain finance: Supply chain management is more than inventory management.
- Panel discussion on Industry 4.0
- Technology and innovation – foresights: What do we change? From possible to doable.
- Disruptive change: Social media as a symptom of more profound change.
The last two sessions will take place on 25th June 2014, from 2.30 to 4.00 pm and will be moderated by Markus Meissner, Managing Director of AEB and AEB Asia Pacific Ltd, and Daniel Terner, Head of Marketing and member of AEB's Executive Board, respectively.
"AEB is proud to have played a role in initiating EXCHAiNGE," said Markus Meissner. "The role of supply chain management in the business world has grown exponentially in recent years. During this time, the industry has produced many top-notch solutions. EXCHAiNGE is the platform that brings together the entire supply chain community from various companies and sectors to learn from one another and network. We look forward to many interesting conversations at this year's EXCHAiNGE."
The EXCHAiNGE conference culminates in the opening night presentation of the Supply Chain Management Award, which recognises extraordinary innovation in supply chain management.