Snapfulfil SaaS WMS, a global provider of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Warehouse Management Systems, will be launching its latest picking solution at Logistics Link South 2014.
'Snap-To-Light' has been designed to enhance the power of the Snapfulfil SaaS WMS with a 'Pick to Light' (PTL) cart that drives the pickers on the shortest walk sequence, picking multiple orders in a single pass. The use of a robust lighting harness, indicates to the picker which orders/totes/cartons the items need to be picked into, lowering the number of visits to a pick face, but also increasing accuracy.
Pick to Light is often used by the largest and busiest warehouses, but the costs of acquisition and ownership have previously been barriers to access for smaller businesses, the ROI calculations just didn't stack up. However, as Snapfulfil have pioneered the 'No Capex' business model for their powerful WMS, requiring no up-front funds or long term financial commitments, they have taken this approach with their Pick to Light Cart 'Snap-To-Light', allowing small to medium sized businesses access to this powerful picking solution with only a simple monthly subscription payment.
Customer order fulfilment is the life blood of any busy warehouse operation and where these orders are mainly items, often a split between single items and multiple line orders, the physical process of picking these orders in a streamlined and efficient way without a WMS has always been a real challenge.
Synergy looked at the needs of the picking teams and has taken some bold design steps to provide the easiest to use system possible. 'Snap-To-Light' benefits include:
- Picking multiple orders at one time, driving efficiency and time saving.
- "Hands Free" picking, providing easier handling for warehouse operatives, particularly useful when handling small or heavy items.
- Variable picking totes or shipping cartons are utilized for variable order sizes, all controlled by the WMS based on each shipment's dimensions/volume.
- Different sized carts/trollies can be used, for the 'heavyweight' shippers.
- PTL harness can be retro fitted to existing trollies/carts, meaning existing investment can be utilised
- Lightweight and rapid charge Lithium Ion battery technology is used, not the heavy Lead-Acid power packs from the automotive industry, often used in more traditional carts.
- Pick and Pass or Multi Zone picking functions allow the use of multiple carts to pick from different areas of the warehouse, all with full visibility and control at each stage.
"Because of our speed-to-value and low cost of ownership, more companies are choosing Snapfulfil WMS to support strategic distribution initiatives like ecommerce," said Gavin Clark, Commercial Director: "These types of business not only require a highly adaptable WMS to support high-volume, but they can now add the PTL cart to allow 'hands free' picking and highly visible stock deposits into picking cartons/totes quickly and cost effectively. Having a WMS that will drive operatives around the warehouse in the most efficient sequence has always been the main goal, but the physical process of the picking the important sales items was often ignored as barcode scanners were essential to increase accuracy. With 'Snap-To-Light' there is no longer a trade-off between shipment accuracy and a 'hands free' picking environment."
About Synergy Logistics Ltd.
Snapfulfil is a proven SaaS/Cloud Warehouse Management Solution (WMS), built exclusively for the web, based on over 35 years of WMS experience. With over 60 customers benefiting from our low cost of ownership and speed-to-value, Snapfulfil is one of the fastest growing providers of SaaS WMS. For additional information, visit http://www.snapfulfil.com