Zetes has launched the environmentally designed 'green Print & Apply system' - the MD3000e. Designed to eliminate the use of compressed air, the MD3000e has been shown during product tests to offer the lowest possible cost of ownership. Fitted with Zetes' unique 'Electric Tamp', it can cut energy utilisation levels by around 70% and offers many additional cost savings when used with Zetes' fully recyclable, "green" media. The MD3000e was unveiled to the industry at ProLogistics Brussels, which took place in Belgium on September 26th and 27th 2012.
"Manufacturers are setting themselves ambitious targets for reducing their carbon footprints and need tools to help them achieve their environmental goals," says Jean-Jacques Schormans, General Manager, 3i Competence Centre, Print & Apply for Zetes. "The MD3000e is a unique labeling device, it is 38% smaller than a typical Print & Apply system, majors on the use of recyclable materials in its construction, ultra energy efficient and will cut operating costs by a big margin."
Successful track record of delivering innovative labeling solutions
Zetes has a successful track record of delivering labelling solutions, particularly within the food and pharmaceutical manufacturing. To maintain its status within labelling and printing, Zetes Group operates a dedicated Print & Apply Competence Centre with extensive R&D and engineering capabilities in the field of marking and labeling, printing and process-control, PLC programming and ERP/SAP integration. Zetes has already made significant investments in environmentally labelling solutions and offers a green pallet labeller, the MD6000e, which was developed in collaboration with local print and apply experts at Zetes Spain.
"Increased demand for traceability means manufacturers are actively seeking high speed labelling solutions, but also need to offset the increased environmental impact this brings through use of non-recyclable consumables. Combined with its 100% recyclable label liner and 28% more label content, Zetes' new MD3000e Print & Apply solution ticks all the boxes for its green credentials, potential cost savings and efficiency ratings," adds Schormans.
7 ways to lower manufacturing costs
MD3000e gives users all the standard functionality expected of a Zetes print and apply solution, including high speed labelling at item, box, bag and tray level. Added to this, Zetes reports tht the MD3000e can lower manufacturing costs in 7 ways:
- 68% lower operational energy consumption
- 28% higher continuous operation per roll of labels before re-loading is required
- Reduced label storage and transportation costs based on more labels per roll
- Meet the companies green and environmental directives
- Fully recycle print and apply units at the end of asset lifespan
- Avoid landfill costs associated with disposing traditional label backing, the liner on MD3000e labels is fully recyclable
- Potential to further offset running costs with carbon credits.
Key 'green' features and benefits
- Very high recyclable construction consisting of aluminum and stainless steel
- Physically smaller – so uses less raw materials
- 68% less energy consumption when compared to a traditional Print & Apply system
- Lowest in-class power consumption based on best in class Thermal Print & Transport Unit
- Contributes towards recycling goals and ISO 14001 accreditation
Zetes manufactures a wide range of coding and labelling systems to allow customers to efficiently and reliably identify individual products, boxes, and pallets in line with industry regulations. Zetes' solutions also support serialised coding and marking within high-speed production or packaging lines and secure integration with a central WMS/ERP system.