Box Technologies, the UK provider of customer interface technology solutions, has announced the launch of Motion Computing’s next generation F5t and C5t Tablet PCs. Designed to enhance productivity for mobile workers across a broad range of vertical markets, such as field service, healthcare, construction and retail, the latest Motion® tablets deliver uncompromising levels of power, security and manageability.
Powered by 3rd generation Intel® Core processors designed for optimised mobility and featuring a variety of power saving technologies, these latest tablet PCs from Motion offer up to six hours of battery life*. The tablets also feature Motion’s hot-swap battery feature for extended, uninterrupted productivity in the field. Finally, built to run on Windows, the F5t and C5t Tablet PCs offer seamless business integration and virtually unlimited usability.
Superior Performance and Extended Battery Life Enhance User Productivity
Motion’s next generation F5tand C5t rugged tablet PCs deliver increased performance and responsiveness. Available with the Intel Core i3 or i5 processor, or the advanced security capabilities available with the Intel® Core i7 vPro platform, the F5t and C5t Tablet PCs are available with an array of performance options to meet the needs of both users and IT professionals across vertical markets.
“Motion’s latest tablets with the 3rd generation Intel Core vPro processors are designed to meet the needs of mobile workforces by offering optimized battery life and the high performance these workers demand to enhance productivity anytime anywhere,” said Dan Russell, director of business client platforms and solutions marketing at Intel. “Further, the F5t and C5t Tablet PCs enable both the business user and IT managers to compute with confidence through a combination of Intel based security paired with exciting designs and easy automation.”
New Features Offer Improved Field Usability and Connectivity
Enterprise-ready and built to work with Windows 8** and featuring a multi-touch user interface, Motion Tablet PC users are also seamlessly connected through robust communications support such as optional integrated Gobi connectivity, optional integrated GPS with support for Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS), Euro Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service (EGNOS), and Multi-purpose Satellite Augmentation System (MSAS) for increased accuracy and faster satellite acquisition time. Building on Motion’s successful line of rugged tablet PCs, the new F5t and C5t Tablet PCs are built around a magnesium-alloy internal frame for rugged protection, and meet MIL-STD-810G and IP-54 standards, offering protection against the bumps, drops and exposure to dust and moisture associated with highly mobile workflows.
Additional Features Include:
- 10.4-inch dual-input display with capacitive two-finger touch and high-resolution digitiser pen input, and Gorilla Glass for enhanced durability
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 Wi-Fi® with Bluetooth 4.0 and HD Graphics 4000
- 64GB or 128GB solid state drive (SSD) for advanced performance
- Front-facing web camera and rear-facing documentation camera
- Optional Smart Card Reader for strong security authentication
- Integrated RFID and optional Barcode Scanner for improved data acquisition
Tailored Accessories to Improve Workflows
The C5t and F5t Tablet PCs are compatible with a broad array of accessories designed to improve usability and portability. Key peripherals include:
- Docking, Mounting and Storage Solutions: Including the standard C5-Series and F5-Series Docking Stations and Mobile Dock by RAM Mounts
- Carrying Cases: Including the C5-Series and F5-Series Carry Sleeve, ClipCarry or custom carry cases as needed
- Data Acquisition and Input Tools: Including the Rugged Digitizer Pen, EasyConnect MSRe with Magnetic Stripe Reader (MSR), USB and Ethernet
- Power Solutions: Including the ReadyDock by ATS and External Battery Chargers
*Battery life based on MobileMark 2007 test, results will vary based on product configuration, applications, features and power management settings
**The F5t and C5t Tablet PCs come standard with Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, and all F5t and C5t Tablet PC customers will be eligible for a Windows 8 upgrade upon its release.