Broner Metals Solutions, specialist provider of integrated MES, supply chain and scheduling solutions for the metals industries, has been selected by ArcelorMittal Galati for a Phase 2 project to implement existing scheduling and MES solutions to their second Plate Mill.
In 2009, Broner implemented their Material Planner (MP), Production Planner (PP), Hotmill Scheduler (HS), Plate Combination (PC) and Schedule Editor (SES) modules and also their Production Management and Inventory Management MES Execution modules to one of Galati's Plate Mills and associated slab yards. The software was fully integrated with the corporate SAP and Level 2 Production Control System using Broner's Standard integration module powered by TIBCO. The Phase 2 project will consist of a repeat installation and integration of these modules at the additional Plate Mill.
The completed implementation of the Broner solution will improve the management and control of the Galati plant. This will provide the ability to track work orders and material flow through the plate mills and slab yards in real-time. Tracking features include:
- Information Management
- Data Collection
- Tracking of Plate and Work in progress
- Inventory/Slab Management
On the completion of the Phase 2 project, ArcelorMittal Galati will achieve the following proven business benefits seen with the Phase 1 project:
- Improved Planning and Order Scheduling to meet delivery dates
- Improvement of Capacity loading for the production centres
- New method of calculating slab requirements
- Tight integration of order tracking and scheduling
- Improvement of Shipment grouping and planning.