World Trade Group has announced the dates for the 14th Annual European Supply Chain and Logistics Summit, featuring the 5th Annual Supply Chain Distinction Awards as 18th 20th June 2012, Berlin, Germany.
The announcement of the dates for 2012 follows the success of this year's summit, which took place from 14th 16th June 2011 at the Maritim Hotel Berlin, Germany.
The 13th Annual European Supply Chain and Logistics Summit 2011 brought together 300+ senior figures from across the world's leading manufacturing corporations, including representatives from Danone, Ericsson, Pepsico, Pfizer and Walt Disney.
Delegates gathered over the three day summit to gain specific insight into the most prevalent issues affecting their role. The interactive format of the summit enabled delegates to build their own unique agenda, so that their time was spent effectively learning solutions to successfully implement the changes needed to fully enhance their role and enable growth within their organisations.
Learning was delivered through 65 high level speakers, 4 focus streams, 30 interactive workshops and industry exclusive case studies, which allowed the audience to take away the skills required to:
- Capture benefits of the economic upturn
- Improve accuracy of forecasting in a volatile market
- Use supplier collaboration as an essential business driver
- Create business advantages through strategic sourcing
- Improve internal communication in order develop the fully integrated supply chain
Introduce business innovation related to green demand
Sessions which have received exceptional attendee feedback include:
- Tim Carroll, Vice President, Global Supply Chain, IBM
Supply Chain Leadership: Identifying approaches to leadership that can transform the supply chain to new levels of excellence
- Steve Lovejoy, Senior Vice President, Global Planning and International Supply Chain, Starbucks Coffee Company
Improving accuracy of demand when forecasting in an increasingly volatile environment-How to respond to changes proactively?
- Scott Strickland, Director, Information Services, Nissan
Nissan LEAF: Providing on-line supply chain transparency to the end consumer
If you would like to view presentations, video and audio content from the summit, please visit the European Supply Chain and Logistics OnDemand Service via www.scleurope.com/ordernow
Supply Chain Distinction Awards
The Supply Chain Distinction Awards took place in the evening of 15th June 2011. During the three course gala dinner, the singing chefs bedazzled the 300 strong audience with their enchanted theatrical show. The awards were then opened by the ceremony host Douglas Kent, European Chair, Supply Chain Council.
As well as European acknowledgement, the awards set the foundation for international industry wide recognition for those organisations who have demonstrated excellence and innovation in the most challenging disciplines within supply chain. Given the turbulent 18 months that the industry has seen, achievements of this level are nothing but magnificent.
**Winners of the 4th Annual Supply Chain Distinction Awards 2011 are as follows:
- Operational Excellence Award - RS Components
- Supply Chain Innovation Award - TRI-VIZOR with UCB, Baxter & H.Essers
- Best Value Chain Solutions Provider - Johnson Controls
- Best Collaborative Practice Award - World Duty Free with Luxottica Group UK
- Supply Chain Skills Award - Office Depot
- Green Supply Chain Award - Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd.
- Supply Chain Technology Award - ediTRACK
- Customer Centric Supply Chain Award - Community Network Services Limited with Sterling Commerce
- Logistics Best Practise Award - Asda
European Supply Chain and Logistic Summit Facts and Figures:
- European Supply Chain and Logistics Summit is a three day event which is now in its fourteenth year
- 330+ of Europe's leading supply chain experts and logistics professionals are expected to attend the upcoming summit, taking place 18th 20th June 2012, Berlin, Germany
- Features an exhibition of 70+ stands, including representation from DHL, Oliver Wight, Deutsche Bank, SAP and Motorola
- The summit also incorporates the industry renowned Supply Chain Distinction Awards, which recognises those who have made outstanding contributions to help shape advancements within the industry across 10 disciplines. Entering the awards is free. To see who were deemed industry leaders at this year's award ceremony, visit http://www.supplychainawards.com/winners2011.asp
- Visit www.scleurope.com or call +44 (0)20 7202 7690 for more information