6th October 2008: The advanced manufacturing tours at BMW and DHL
7th 9th October 2008: Three day event at the Swisstel Dsseldorf, Germany
Taking place from 6th 9th October 2008 with platinum media partner support from Manufacturing & Logistics IT, the European Manufacturing Strategies (EMS) summit begins with a choice of advanced manufacturing tours which take place in Leipzig BMWs production plant and DHLs Air hub.
Both these unique behind-the scenes opportunities will allow you to:
- See first hand how one of the worlds leading manufacturers has adopted cutting-edge best practice and technology to increase manufacturing efficiency and maximise output of the BMW 3 series and the new BMW 1 series.
- Learn how the latest logistics principles can be implemented directly into the manufacturing environment at the world's newest and most technically advanced logistics hub. Discover how it connects the established and growing markets of Europe by air, road and rail.
- Pre-conference master classes will then set the scene for two days of keynote conference sessions, streamed focus groups, interactive workshops and private one-to-one meetings, creating a lucrative bespoke networking environment for all manufacturing professionals to discover the latest best practice in manufacturing today.
Use the market experience of:
- Martin Smith, CI/Quality Director, Lear Corp, Germany
- Dr Alan McLenaghan, Managing Director, Saint Gobain Glass UK, United Kingdom
- Jrgen Krger, Director, Economies of the Member States, Directorate General for Economic and Financial Affairs, European Commission, Belgium
- Christopher Game, Head of TechOps Sourcing, Novartis, Switzerland
And stay ahead with the latest cutting edge manufacturing thought leadership:
- The Shingo Prize: Adopting the Shingo approach to operational excellence in manufacturing
- Minimising energy consumption in the manufacturing process: Utilising alternative sources of energy
- The global economic outlook: Preparing for a changing economic dynamic and the impact for manufacturers
- Human capital: Changing perceptions of manufacturing and attracting talent to the workforce
- Green manufacturing: Cutting your carbon footprint
Innovation: Driving product development and protecting your Intellectual Property
- The lean enterprise: Sustaining lean principles in the manufacturing enterprise
- The factory of the future: Delivering Health, Safety and Environment in the manufacturing facility
To register for the various delegate package options and qualify for an early bird discount of 200 off the registration fee, visit: http://www.ems-summit.com/pack_delegate.asp
Web Site: www.ems-summit.com