SatNav, the ultimate aid to mobility, is itself becoming truly mobile.
And with it will come unprecedented opportunities for operators, manufacturers and retailers to engage their customers with a unique set of personalised, location based experiences. In response, German based technology company, Jentro, has introduced MyMobileSatNav, giving users comprehensive navigation capabilities direct to their mobile along with unique applications that increase the user experience.
MyMobileSatNav works through a small GPS (Global Positioning System) receiver that connects to most available mobile phones via Bluetooth. Customers gain immediate access to door-to-door navigation in the car, on their bike, or even on foot. MyMobileSatNav allows the users phone to direct them with precise routing, clear voice instructions and scalable maps, and also offers some of the most popular standard SatNav features such as safety camera alerts and traffic congestion routing. For the city-break generation, pan-European information on traffic and speed cameras come as part of the standard offering.
It works on most Java-based mobile phone, and is compatible with over 80 per cent of the top-20 selling phones in the UK, including the latest models from Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson and Motorola. It works with contract and pay-as-you-go phones, and covers most operating systems including Symbian and Blackberry - as well as all network operators.
Highly portable and extremely lightweight, MyMobileSatNav is a stylish piece of kit that fits easily into a suit pocket, wallet or handbag. Created for a visually-aware market its slimline dimensions and tactile surface has already won a prestigious iF Product Design Award.
With a UK RRP of 39.99, MyMobileSatNav creates a powerful, affordable navigation service. The 39.99 starter package includes one months unlimited UK use; after that customers can take out a 4.99 monthly subscription for unlimited journeys, or download individual routes for 79p the cost of a song from iTunes.
- MyMobileSatNav is available from Carphone Warehouse for 39.99. Similar Jentro products are available from Dextra, 20:20, Kondor and Unique distributions.
- Should the connection or signal be lost, for example, in a tunnel, MyMobileSatNav will retain the position and directions until the GPS signal returns.
- The package comes with a car phone charger for the GPS receiver that can be plugged into the cigarette lighter for on-board charging.
- Accurate turn-by-turn voice instructions in combination with navigation arrows, scalable maps, real time traffic information to avoid traffic jams and speed camera alerts will guide the users to their destination safely and reliably.
- Full postcode entry can be used for simple and accurate selection of destinations.
- To constantly be up to, the software uses real-time mapping across the UK and Europe, downloading a map of the journey with a 10 mile corridor either side of the route to allow customers to stray off the planned route.
With more than 650,000 end users Jentro Technologies is the second largest supplier of mobile phone navigation solutions in Europe, after Nokia. In its native Germany it is the market leader. Jentros mission is building the mobile Geo-web, a merger of mobile navigation and the mobile internet. The companys business is to enable mobile phones, connected PNDs and companies to be part of it. Its clients include Carphone Warehouse, Motorola, Destinator, Simyo, Debitel, Dasrtliche, Falk and German automobilclub ADAC, who offer their own branded solutions to consumers based on the Jentro platform. Founded in 2003, Jentro is a privately owned company based in Munich, Germany, with offices in Dsseldorf, London, Paris, Chicago and Seoul.