Enhanced Infor ERP Visual Incorporates New Productivity Features; Increases Ease of Use and Visibility Into Critical Data
Infor, one of the largest global providers of enterprise software, today announced new enhancements to its Infor ERP Visual solution, a comprehensive suite of products for manufacturers that offers integrated functionality of advanced planning and scheduling, quality management, customer relationship management, time and attendance, business intelligence and warehouse management. Infor ERP Visual 6.5.2 adds new features and capabilities that reduce implementation time as well as simplify and speed access to manufacturing information, from order receipt to delivery.
Already recognized for its ease of use and rapid implementation, Visual is focused on improving manufacturers' productivity and end product quality. With this latest release, new productivity enhancing features allow users to more quickly and easily view and process information by reducing the number of steps, or keystrokes, to obtain that data. The rapid access and complete view of the manufacturing process results in fewer production problems, increasing the overall product quality. The development of Infor ERP Visual 6.5.2 was truly a collaborative process, said Jack Shannon, president, Visual South, an Infor channel partner. The challenge was to present more information to enable end users to increase their overall productivity. We worked closely with the Infor development team to incorporate customer requests and the response has been overwhelmingly positive.
Productivity features of Infor ERP Visual 6.5.2 include:
- View Panel User configurable panels that can be launched to drill down into associated data. Now, through one-click, a user can activate customized panels of information, view the data and make rapid, informed decisions.
- Advanced Browse Users are now able to benefit from incorporated Quick and Dynamic filters to make data searching and retrieval faster. Added to this is the ability to create and save Profile searches to execute the same query at anytime in the future.
- Editable Browse Historically one of the most time intensive tasks, editing multiple records used to be a record by record job. Now, users are able to browse and edit multiple records at one time or export the information into Microsoft Excel, edit, and then re-import. Visual validates each record ensuring there is no user error.
- External Document Email Another cumbersome process is attaching documents to emails, such as order acknowledgements. The user no longer manually enters an email address for one order at a time. Instead they simply identify which documents go to which contact for that customer and click.
- Manufacturing Window The user is able to build queries, identifying the actions required regarding a work order. This ability allows users to quickly identify the steps in the process that are outstanding, recognize where problems may arise and put in place a solution.
Infor understands the complex requirements of the manufacturing industry and the essential need for an intuitive ERP system, Jeff Ralyea, vice president product management of Infor. Visual enables manufacturers to recognize failures within quality control, trace the underlying issues back to the originating action or transaction, then make appropriate adjustments before problems occur.
Infor ERP Visual is a fully integrated, flexible and easy to use ERP suite that is widely deployed in several industries from aerospace to capital equipment, biomedical, precision tools and more. It is a scaleable solution with powerful technology to deliver real-time information, streamline operations and increase profitability and customer satisfaction. With advanced planning and scheduling, quality management, customer relationship management, time and attendance, business intelligence and warehouse management system capabilities built in, Visual appeals to manufacturers and distributors with a combination of affordability, depth of functionality and ease of use.