Prior to implementing Snapfulfil, all of Vax's inventory control was carried out via their Microsoft ERP system using paper-based processes. Following a detailed assessment of the warehouse operation, Vax concluded that their systems and processes did not have the flexibility or capacity to meet increased demand for their growing number of product lines.
The company therefore embarked on a major project with the objective of improving its supply chain capabilities, reducing operational costs and increasing service levels, without requiring substantial capital investment or significantly impacting the day-to-day running of its busy warehouse operations.
To effectively manage the fulfilment of orders in multiple sales channels, along with its finished goods and spare parts inventories, Vax required a sophisticated warehouse management system with a proven track record. In line with its objectives, the company also needed a system which could be implemented efficiently without substantial IT resource requirements, had simple interfacing capabilities and which did not require a significant capital outlay.
Following a comprehensive review of the WMS market, Vax identified that the Snapfulfil Cloud WMS was the best solution to meet all of these requirements.
As a result of implementing Snapfulfil, Vax has realised wide-ranging improvements, including:
- Increased number of despatches with no increase in labour
- Decreased indirect costs resulting from pick errors and product returns
- Improved customer service across all channels
- Decreased administration across all areas
- Dramatic improvements in inventory control, including goods received pallet identification and shipping container management
- Decreased time for stock take and improved perpetual inventory management
- Decreased sales order lead times
- Reduced obsolescence due to improved stock rotation
- Improved space utilisation
- Reduced requirement for temporary labour
- Improved scalability for future business growth