A survey of 6,000 European consumers on their direct purchasing behaviour with manufacturers.
Omni-channel isn't just a revolution for retailers. Consumers and manufacturers are now developing a direct purchasing relationship. For manufacturers this means added complexity as well as opportunity.
The survey reveals that over 40% of consumers prefer purchasing directly, but the evidence is that manufacturers are still just dipping their toes in the water of direct selling.
However, the survey suggests that today it is a weak preference and that there are opportunities for improvement
Topics covered in this report:
- Manufacturers are merely scratching the surface of the direct selling market opportunity
- The omni-channel consumer - new game, new rules for manufacturers
- After price, choice and availability feature highly on shoppers' wish list
- As the direct channel grows so do shoppers' expectations
- Personalisation is an opportunity for manufacturers
· The implications of the digital consumer on the supply chain
· The opportunity for personalisation
· The reasons for consumers shopping direct