Menkind was founded in 2001 by men who love their gadgets and its mission is to provide a wide and interesting choice of men's gifts for 'the man who has everything'. Menkind has a website and over 30 stores with additional pop-up stores during the Christmas period and has been featured twice in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 league table.
In order to support this growth and to quickly introduce robust operating procedures into the pop-up stores, Menkind was looking for a store management system. Rapid from Retail Answers was selected, piloted for a month and has now been successfully implemented in all permanent and pop-up stores. Rapid now controls finance and staff processing in store:
- Recording of new employees, leavers and staff details maintenance.
- Rotas to plan staff schedules to meet customer demand.
- Timesheet processing with holiday and sickness reporting.
- Sales, cash and banking reconciliation.
- Petty cash purchasing and float management.
- Action management for head office to coordinate promotions & marketing events.
- A fully indexed library of key company documents.
In the future, Menkind will implement on-line forms with dependant workflow to replace email-based information gathering, a trading calendar and further information essential for store operations. Brian Calder, Menkind's retail operations manager, said: "We were looking for a system to significantly improve store efficiency and Rapid has certainly achieved that. It has proved remarkably easy for my team to use and is ensuring consistency across my estate."
Some other comments from Menkind are:
"It's quick and efficient and has really made my life easier."
"Rotas and timesheets work fine."
"Petty Cash works really well."
"Is has been successful with the new stores and they have picked it up quickly & easily."
"Retail Answers has been fantastic."