Xplore Technologies Corp. has introduced the RangerX—the company's first fully-rugged Android tablet, which blends sleek versatility with Xplore's proven powerful rugged performance. The new lightweight tablet provides large storage capacity, has a clear outdoor viewable display and is certified as being fully rugged, holding both IP65 and MIL-STD 810G ratings.
"With more than 15 years of testing, research and development, Xplore has demonstrated the ability to bring proven technology to the rugged space," Mark Holleran, president and chief operating officer for Xplore Technologies, said "We're adding to that legacy with the RangerX, the most durable Android tablet available."
The lightweight 10.1 inch tablet is claimed to be ideal for field service applications in industries such as utilities, energy, warehousing, logistics, transportation, military and public safety. In addition, the RangerX provides an optional integrated module with Gigabit Ethernet and HDMI-In connections, making it suitable for satellite, cable, broadband and telecommunication providers.
"Our customers in the carrier space want to be able to reduce the number of tools their field service workers need to get the job done," added Holleran. "With the capability provided by the optional HDMI-In and Gigabit Ethernet, not only do they have the perfect tool for work-order management, but they can also validate and diagnose installation or service issues on-site with one device."
The RangerX is 2.2 pounds, and looks and feels more like a contemporary tablet than a traditional rugged device. The tablet has a battery life up to 10 hours to maximise time in the field and boost productivity, which allows for a full working shift on one charge. In addition, the tablet's outdoor-viewable multi-touch display allows for seamless transition from indoors to outdoors.
"The RangerX is not only fully rugged, but also offers a wide range of multifaceted capabilities to adapt to the needs of enterprise, field service and data collection workers facing various elements," Philip S. Sassower, chief executive officer and chairman of the board for Xplore Technologies, said. "The new RangerX highlights our commitment to expand our product offerings in order to meet specialised customer needs."
The new RangerX tablet comes standard with Xplore's well-known rugged features:
- Rugged for any Extreme Environment: Waterproof and dustproof (IP65) and designed to survive real world conditions (MIL-STD 810G)
- Lightweight Platform: 2.2 pounds with a 10 hour battery life
- Powerful Performance: Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 Processor, 32GB of storage (expandable to 192GB of RAM) and Google Android 4.0.4
- Full Communications Suite: Bluetooth 4.0.4, GPS and Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- Brilliant Display: IPS 1366 x 768 resolution and a multi-touch screen
- Expansive Inputs/Outputs: 5MP Rear and 1.2MP 720P Front Cameras, HDMI-Out, USB ports, RFID reader and more
Versatile for any Industry
The RangerX is fully optimized with features designed for all environments, including:
- Telecommunications and Cable: Optional HDMI-In and RJ-45 features allow telecommunications and cable workers to consolidate all equipment into a single device.
- Warehousing, Logistics, etc.: Integrated RFID and NFC capabilities come standard in the RangerX, increasing operational efficiency and accuracy in distribution centres, warehousing, logistics and transportation industries. In addition, the RangerX is compatible with all major Bluetooth and USB barcode scanners.
- Military: The common access card (CAC) reader option and FIPS 140-2 compliancy provides the most secure rugged experience for government and military operations.
Starting at USD 1,349 (approximately GBP 905), the RangerX lowers total cost of ownership and increases overall operational efficiency. It comes with a standard three-year warranty, and is currently available through Xplore channel partners. For a list of channel partners, visit www.xploretech.com/company/partners/.
The RangerX is the latest edition to Xplore's portfolio. The fully-rugged Android tablet complements Xplore's existing iX104C ultra-rugged product line. The iX104C devices are optimised to perform in extreme conditions and hazardous environments, and deploy high-end enterprise level applications with confidence and reliability.