Zetes has launched ZetesAthena, its in-store management solution for the retail industry. Zetes Athena not only helps retailers to manage typical in-store operations efficiently, but enables them to do so centrally due to its cloud-based approach. Especially for those companies managing several shops locally or internationally, this approach brings about important benefits in terms of efficiency, visibility and investments to be made.
Every retailer wishes to optimise inventory and stock accuracy, avoid out of stock situations and handle customer orders and returns efficiently. Typically, when managing multiple stores/branches, the implementation of an in-store solution that helps them achieve the desired aims requires significant investment in local store IT infrastructure. The impact is twofold, requiring substantial capex and a high level of local system maintenance. With ZetesAthena, retailers can streamline in-store operations while managing them easily through the central IT department.
Easy cloud-based deployment, no hidden costs
ZetesAthena makes use of the cloud-based MCL Mobility Platform, developed by Zetes' sister company MCL Technologies. This allows apps to be stored centrally in the Enterprise Application Store and sent or accessed directly from the mobile terminals used by the shop workers, regardless of the hardware or infrastructure used in the local stores. This brings a number of important advantages:
- Ability to manage different branches with no local IT department
- Automatic application and product information updates
- Reduced data input time for staff in the store, allowing to increase customer facing time
- Easy deployment for new stores and/or devices
- No hidden costs: no investments in servers, databases, OS licenses, resources to maintain the infrastructure and databases, disaster recovery,...
- 100% visibility on product availability in all the shops
The solution is offered as a SaaS (Software as a Service), offering fully managed service including hardware maintenance and support. The MCL Mobility Platform is also enabling our customers to adapt and optimize their processes to their future business needs.
No more lost sales through empty shelves
In addition to the fact that the solution is cloud-based and offered as a SaaS, ZetesAthena also offers all the classical benefits of an in-store solution:
- avoid empty shelves
- execute real time inventory
- get accurate visibility on stock room and sales floor availability
- make a clear distinction between click and collect stock and shop floor stock
- get rid of paper work and increase data accuracy
- easily manage customer orders, customer returns and inter-branch transfers
- keep track of stock movements
- handle price and promotion management efficiently
Marcel Kars, Senior VP Sales & Marketing declares: "ZetesAthena's unique approach, enabled through the MCL Mobility Platform, has already generated particular interest from major European retailers running multiple stores across several countries. It allows them to look at their store operations management in a new way that brings them even more visibility and efficiency. The solution responds to their two main preoccupations: keeping their costs under control and increasing customer satisfaction. We are proud that with ZetesAthena, we now offer our customers full supply chain optimisation and traceability all the way from the packaging line to the store. "
- Multi-platform (WM/CE & Android)
- Device independent
- Infrastructure independent
- Component of an extended supply chain set of solutions
- Standard integration interfaces
- Standard applications with gap-fit capability.