Improved management reporting and operational efficiencies are among the benefits that contract hire and repair and maintenance specialist Prohire and its customers have realised from implementation of Jaama's Internet-based software system.
Prohire, which operates a fleet of more than 2,000 commercial vehicles ranging from LCV's up to 44 tonnes vehicles as well as specialist vehicles, has introduced Jaama's multi award winning Key2 leasing and vehicle management system.
Key2 replaced a vehicle management system and accounting system that could no longer support Prohire's forward-thinking, customer focussed, expansion led business model.
Prohire's new system provides: cradle to grave vehicle management, online ordering, online quotations, fully integrated accounts and customer billing. In addition Prohire has adopted Data Vision - an online portal that allows Prohire's customers to run pre-defined reports and view real-time driver and vehicle-related information such as MOTs, servicing, inspection and Road Fund Licence renewals.
Prohire IT supervisor Gareth Holdcroft said: "There were huge limitations to the previous system including its rigid make-up, access speed and accessibility to management information.
"As it was not an online system, management information had to be requested by customers and we would then compile the required reports. The system was slow, administratively cumbersome and labour intensive. Effectively it had been outgrown by Prohire's expansion and desire to deliver added value to customers."
Following a thorough marketplace search for an optimum state-of-the-art online system, Prohire had no doubt that Key2 Vehicle Management would ensure the desired improvement of internal efficiencies, further boost customer service and grow the business.
Prohire IT manager Jim McAlinden explained: "The benefits that ourselves and our customers gain from Key2 far outweigh any other systems we saw."
Among the key benefits highlighted by Jim are:
- Customers able to automatically access information and download management reports to their own configuration
- A built-in 'scheduler' that delivers time critical reports at pre-determined schedules to customers
- A vehicle operational system that 'talks' directly to an accounts module thus avoiding data input duplication
- Improved report clarity for customers give them a clear snapshot overview of their fleet at any particular time
- Instant access to vital vehicle-related documentation such as MOT certificates and service information with no recourse, as previously, to requesting information from Prohire
- A robust system with a comprehensive, instantly accessible audit trail of vehicle documentation to ensure maximum compliance with commercial vehicle legislation.
Now Prohire is looking to further expand Key2 Vehicle Management utilisation by introducing the workshop management module.
The Stoke on Trent-based company has its own vehicle workshops and the new module will be used to manage vehicle throughput and parts availability.
Martin Evans, Jaama's sales and operations director, said: "Prohire is the latest vehicle leasing company to recognise the flexibility and broad range of functionality that is included within Key2 Vehicle Management.
"Prohire has recognised that online technology is the key to delivering an improved service to customers in terms of management information and simplifying day-to-day operating efficiencies for themselves and clients. Thanks to Key2 Vehicle Management, their customers are now far better informed about every aspect of their vehicle operation and can slice and dice reports themselves."