Zebra Technologies Corporation has launched the GC420 desktop printers in EMEA. These compact printers allow organisations of all sizes to see more and do more by enabling track-and-trace capabilities for numerous applications, including:
- Manufacturing – light industrial work-in-process, product and shipping labelling Transportation & logistics – boarding tickets, bag tags, parking passes
- Retail – price labelling shelf marking, receipt printing
- Healthcare – laboratory specimen and blood bank labelling
- Post – electronic stamping, address labelling
"Zebra prides itself on not only being innovative, but also being able to meet the unique needs of our customers globally," said Mark Togher, EMEA Product Marketing, Zebra Technologies. "The GC420, like all of our printers, provides flexibility and high performance for increased productivity. In addition, our EMEA customers also appreciate that the printers offer excellent value, providing features and performance at a very competitive price, and making it easier to adopt bar code technology."
These new printers offer productivity enhancements essential for small to mid-size manufacturers, transportation and logistics businesses as well as retail, healthcare and post. The GC420 provides excellent value performance based on customer-proven mechanical design.
The Zebra GC420 offers the flexibility to print in either thermal transfer or direct thermal mode. Additionally, it offers powerful performance and throughput with a 32-bit processor, co-resident EPL and ZPL programming languages and triple connectivity. Other features include:
- Large 8MB memory with support for large fonts and graphics
- Peel/Dispenser (optional)
- Energy Star compliance
- Odometer for print length tracking and supplies management
- Unicode for global character printing
- ZBI 2.0 for integration, adaption and handling of data or peripherals
The GC420 printers are easy to load and operate and they are also backward compatible with select Zebra 4-inch printers. These low-maintenance and durable printers reduce training requirements and operating costs. The new Zebra printers are also built to withstand rough handling in busy work environments with their dual-walled construction.