The need for smarter logistics solutions, which provide extended supply chain partners with the real-time information required to meet today's business demands, has been apparent for many years. However, this need has not been achieved, mainly because of technology constraints. Deltion reports that it is now able to meet these demands with the CarrierNet Logistics Control Tower Service.
A document covering the Control Tower Concept, together with some sample images, is attached but more details are available when you enter the following in your browser http://www.deltion.co.uk/control_tower.asp
Denis O'Sullivan, CEO at UK based Deltion, said: "There has been much talk in recent years of how critical it is to apply event management to supply chains. The problem is that there are so many events at any one time in any supply chain, from order receipt through production, storage and distribution. It is essential to identify the real problems automatically and not worry about finding out through detailed delayed analysis. In some ways managers have gone from not enough relevant information to too much to be able to make sense of it in a timely fashion.
"In many instances the first a company knows that it has a problem is when the customer phones up to complain. This is the worst kind of customer service" Mr O'Sullivan added.
"It is essential to be pro-active. If there is a problem event, you need to know first and tell your customers and resolve it before it escalates. It is a well-known customer service dictum that a problem, however severe, handled professionally and quickly is an opportunity for an improved relationship with your customer. The control tower enables you to stay on top of your operations and manage any exceptions which arise."
He added that individual consumers get better service for small orders: "When I order a book or CD for a fiver from Amazon I get a high level of visibility and service. I can track progress; am notified of despatch or delays; recently I received an email telling me of a 60 minute window when delivery would take place and it did!
"Supply chain managers expecting deliveries worth many thousands of times more than my book are wondering why they get less service!"
Taking advantage of the latest Internet technology, CarrierNet provides:
- Customised dashboards to give all levels of management and nominated partners visibility of chosen KPIs and real time exception alerts
- Real-time end-to-end Transport Management and visibility
- Collection and delivery management including reverse logistics and bringing environmental benefits
- Supply chain visibility for all partners
- Supply Chain collaboration enabling real-time SC event management
- Haulier load bidding for 3PLs, retailers and manufacturers
- Integration of existing logistics and business systems to provide cohesive KPI and BI reports Web based self-select collect and deliver slot and bay management
- Data integration from telematics equipment to maximise existing track and trace benefits