|INFORMATION: Free information is available from TRANSWIDE on the subject in this story. Click here to request a copy|
Transwide, a division of Wolters Kluwer, has launched twSource, a SaaS transport sourcing and tendering platform, powered by the strength of the Transwide on demand TMS platform. Like all Transwide applications, twSource was developed to ease a process which requires very heavy interactions between multiple parties and is built on the established capabilities of the Transwide platform in the area of electronic communication. With twSource Transport Tenders (Bids in US language) can be built in minutes.
the sourcing of transport providers powered by the Transwide network of carriers
the RFI and RFQ workflow processes: building both in minutes vs. days
The analysis of the results: following in real time the carriers answers and enabling to compare carriers answers
The simulation of scenarios of carriers allocation per route, to find the best scenario with the optimum cost
twSource is suited for all transportation modes.
twSource was also built to integrate the results seamlessly within:
the twContract solution of Transwide were all providers contract and rates grids can be managed electronically to provide accurate and interactive freight audit capabilities
the twSelect solution of Transwide were carrier allocation can be automated based on rules link to either cost or freight type
In addition to the software solution Transwide will be providing support to its clients on:
the preparation of their tenders from analysis and benchmarking, definition of the procurement strategy related to a specific tender, to the complete preparation of contractual documents and specifications
the management of their tenders for instance by supporting the sourcing process or supporting the analysis of results.
With the twSource in the associated services Transwide aims at delivering additional values to Shippers around a key transport management process:
- Finding and discovering new transport providers in a few clicks, with a clear view of their activity, capacity and company profile. Up to 25% time saved on local, regional and worldwide carrier search.
- Saving time in the Tender Process:
Easy communication to all your transport providers at once;
Easy follow-up in one page of the status of your carriers' answers;
The full process and communication of the tender can be managed via the platform.
- Savings of on transport costs without compromising the need for quality of service :
Sourcing the best providers by business constraints
Defining the optimum scenario of carriers' allocation: from the best rate to the best mix cost/quality.
- Transparency towards the carriers: The process is clearly defined and all information are shared in the same way with all providers.
In this process Transwide also aims at driving value for carriers:
- 100% Free registration and usage for the carriers and the information is also easy to keep up to date so carriers can ensure they are considered in new tenders as they develop new areas of service
- high visibility to a large community of shippers and the opportunity to be invited to more tenders
- Simpler tender response process via upload and download of the quotation grids and all necessary information allowing focusing on the quality of the answer.
"With twSource, Transwide is now completing it's transformation into a full on-demand TMS covering all key transport processes from Sourcing to Planning, Execution and Settlement. Once again we rely on our single instance multitenant architecture to deliver an application which allows full access to the network, facilitates the communication process between business partners and provides high value and fast ROI to our customers" says Fabrice Maquignon, Transwide CEO. "We will also stick to our vision of Software as a Service is also Software + Services and for clients who wish more than a software solution we will provide business services to support the entire process."