Businesses still failing to embrace social media
May 24, 2010 Comments (0)
The most popular social media channel is Twitter with 44% of businesses surveyed regularly tweeting, closely followed by Facebook. 33% of companies have a Facebook profile to promote their company, while LinkedIn is the next most popular with 22% of companies using its services. 11% of companies also use YouTube to post video case studies.
80% of the companies who are yet to introduce a social media strategy are considering putting one in place this year, but the remaining 20% of the companies do not plan to implement a strategy in 2010. All of the companies that have a social media strategy in place handle it in-house and do not use a social media specialist.
Russell Dorset, Sales and Marketing Director at Maginus, said, Social media, in particular online video, will continue to grow in importance in 2010, as companies realise how they can use social networking to their advantage. The survey results demonstrate that businesses have some understanding of social media, but there is still a way to go before they are using it to its full benefit. 80% of the companies without a social media strategy are considering how it can support their business, which shows how popularity in social media is growing.
Maginus builds intelligent software solutions that enable wholesale distributor, retailer or mail order companies to increase sales, improve customer service and build long-lasting customer relationships.
With the highest fit of any multi-channel solutions provider, Maginus provides a range of software and technology solutions that will meet all business management needs in a single integrated environment. Core solutions enable companies to maximise revenue, improve efficiency and enhance the customer experience from start to finish.
Over the last 30 years we have built up a vast depth of knowledge in supplying IT solutions to multi-channel retail and distribution companies. There is no major sector that we havent been involved in.