|INFORMATION: Free information is available from VOCOLLECT on the subject in this story. Click here to request a copy|
Vocollect, Inc., provider of the most widely used voice systems for improving supply chain performance, has introduced its newest Vocollect Voice enhancement - more human-sounding voice options for mobile workers in distribution centres and warehouses. With these enhancements, Vocollect now offers 43 voices in 24 unique languages.
These new voice options, and the ability to configure the voice system to automatically load voices based on worker preference, provides companies with additional flexibility and choice for their workforce. While the traditional voices used in thousands of Vocollect implementations worldwide have maximised efficiency in performance, the new voice options have a more human sound, which improves worker job satisfaction. Many of the system voices are available as male or female speakers.
"Vocollect leads the voice market in functionality, breadth of product offering and global reach," said Tom Upshur, vice president of product management and marketing, Vocollect, Inc. "This new enhancement to our Vocollect Voice portfolio is in direct response to feedback from customers who have been highly satisfied with the functionality and value of their voice system, but wanted a more natural-sounding voice option."
Over half of the new voices provide natural-sounding options to workers who speak simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Czech, Danish, Netherlands Dutch, United States/United Kingdom/Australian English, Finnish, French, French Canadian, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Latin American Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
Fast Facts on Multi-lingual Voice
1. Vocollect Voice is available in 20 languages.
2. Voice directed picking is used in warehouses and distribution centres in over 40 countries, 30 of which are in EMEA
3. Using Vocollect, employees can be trained in under an hour and working productively in less than a day
4. Employees can receive picking instructions in 25 languages and dialects
5. Employees can "train" the software to understand their chosen vocabulary, to understand preferred colloquialisms and to recognise dialects or regional accents
6. Familiar two-way communication improves efficiency and creates job satisfaction for manual workers
7. Increased efficiency enables employees to achieve performance related bonus's, encouraging employee retention and increased profitability
8. Warehouse employees are typically transitory and staff turnover is high
9. Increasingly, particularly with the opening of the EU, warehouse employees come from around the work and English is not always their first language
10. Many warehouses and distribution centres are located in areas where there is a significant regional dialect or accent e.g. Glasgow, Newcastle or Dublin
11. Retail distribution it typically seasonal requiring high levels of temporary staff often not available from the local workforce