OKI Printing Solutions has launched the C9850 MFP, a high performance professional A3 colour printer, copier, scanner and fax system.
At the heart of the C9850 MFP is an integrated EFI Fiery controller and embedded EFI SendMe functionality to deliver an outstanding suite of tools for printing and copying high quality colour documents as well as for managing and distributing documents electronically. The integrated Fiery System 8e brings advanced levels of colour printing compared to most other multifunction devices making it ideal for users with colour critical applications.
The fully embedded EFI SendMe requires no additional hardware and adds a powerful yet easy to use scanning application that enables customers to scan paper documents, clean, edit and annotate them and then send electronic copies to a variety of locations. In one-step, directly at the MFP, users can even add metadata and send files directly to a document management system, such as Microsoft SharePoint. This one-step approach brings new levels of efficiency to office workflows.
Together, the EFI SendMe and EFI Fiery System 8e controller ensure the smooth running of core business functions, giving employees more time to focus on other areas increasing their individual productivity and that of their business. As both systems are fully embedded, there is no requirement for additional IT applications and a minimal requirement in terms of IT staff support.
Alan McLeish, senior product marketing manager, OKI Printing Solutions, says: The C9850 MFP is a truly smart MFP and represents a revolution in the colour A3 MFP market with the provision of high quality, embedded colour and document management systems at a price this segment has not seen before. It brings ease of use without compromising on the quality of output or functionality of the MFP. This is an exceptional device, providing businesses of all sizes with the functionality and flexibility they would normally expect from much more expensive solutions.
The C9850 MFP replaces the C9800 MFP and offers significant performance enhancements including increased productivity and the addition of the embedded SendMe and EFI Fiery System 8e controller. Resellers now have access to a Fiery controlled device with embedded SendMe and that is unique in its ability to provide all the tools required by demanding IT administrators, including optimal security for managing network interaction, users and documents. The MFP is also designed to facilitate seamless integration with almost every network infrastructure.
C9850 MFP key features summary:
- Embedded EFI Fiery System 8e Controller with Smart RIP technology for fast, automated colour workflow
- Embedded EFI SendMe document distribution and management software
- Efficient large workgroup MFP with colour print and copy speeds up to 36ppm and 40ppm for black and white (mono)
- 21cm colour touch-screen operator panel for walk-up access to SendMe and print/copy/scan/fax functionality
- Fully-featured G3 (33.6 kbps) standard analogue fax with its speed dial keys, simplifies and speeds the sending of faxes to assist business efficiency
- A 100-sheet, single-pass duplex Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) scans both sides of a document simultaneously
- Reliable single-pass digital LED print technology handles up to 300gsm media and sheets up to A3+ as well as banners of up to 1200mm long
- True 1200x1200dpi print resolution for clear, sharp text and graphics
- High Definition Colour and ProQ4800 multilevel printing technology for increased colour depth and richer hues even on ordinary office paper
The C9850 MFP can be purchased through OKI Printing Solutions authorised resellers from December 2008.