|INFORMATION: Free information is available from TRANSWIDE on the subject in this story. Click here to request a copy|
Globalisation and individual choices have induced a major growth in transport volume in the last decades. The reorganisation of the maritime and port system which has resulted in the creation of a worldwide liner shipping network that makes use of a limited number of large ports. This has resulted in transport congestion and increased pressure on the environment and safety.
Forecasts show that transport demand will continue to grow by 50% until 2020 compared to 2000 levels. In order to face this unprecedented growth, all transport means should be used at their optimum.
Aiming at reducing the administrative load and streamlining the process of executing ocean shipments Transwide has developed and launched MarCo its Maritime dedicated communication tool:
MarCo allows you to completely organise, oversee your ocean transport execution while reducing risk of miscommunication. This in just one single environment, regardless of who your Shipping Line would be.
Unique Value Points
- Single interface to over 100 major Shipping Lines via their communication portals INTTRA & GT Nexus
- Automated communication (system to system) (web access available as well)
- Time saving
- Avoiding human (input) errors
- Cost reduction (B/L or administration charges from Shipping Lines substantially reduced)
- High value for Shipping Lines as well (data directly into their back end system)
- Single communication hub independently of transport mode used
- Sharing of information with other internal or external parties
- Forward visibility possible for end clients, sales agents, subsidiaries on other continents