Auto ID users have been quick to adopt Accu-Sort's new camera-based barcode scanning system.
Only six months after the AV6010 Long Range Camera was introduced, Accu-Sort Systems has had to increase its manufacturing run to meet demand that is double the forecast, making it the fastest new product launch in the company's history.
Although the purchasers are in different industries, they expect similar benefits from the AV6010, including extreme reliability and the ability to see no-reads. "Users of fixed barcode scanner technologies are focused on reducing their total cost of ownership" stated industry analyst Drew Nathanson, Director of Venture Development Corporation's Automatic Identification and Control Practice. "The industry has squeezed nearly all it can from scan rates and is increasingly turning to reliability as a way to improve efficiency and reduce cost."
"We are pleased with the reception that customers have given our new camera," said Maik Fuchs, Accu-Sort product manager, "because customer input from more than 8500 installations was incorporated into its product design." Accu-Sort has installed five times the number of camera-based auto ID systems than all its close competitors combined," he added.
The AV6010 camera-based bar-code scanner was designed to set a new standard for fully integrated, camera-based bar code systems, and to serve as the technology platform for future Accu-Sort products. Offering fast, simple installation, calibration and configuration, the AV6010 camera bar-code system uses a unique Auto Configuration Wizard to cut commissioning time by an estimated 70 percent over comparable systems. By combining the camera, illumination, decoder, and power supplies into a single, robust unit integrated by a unique internal Ethernet network, downtime is reduced to an unprecedented 75,000 hours mean time between failures.
Other key features of the AV6010 camera-based bar-code scanner include:
- Embedded real-time Linux operating system eliminates external software and hard drive glitches.
- Single Ethernet-based cable connection simplifies installation and operation.
- Exclusive RangeFinder module provides exceptional package detection with no moving parts.
- Automatic compensations for camera angle, package skew, and belt speed variation.
- Reduced-wattage LED illumination cuts energy consumption by more than 70 percent over previous model.
- Novel modular design simplifies maintenance with "plug-and-play" component replacement.
- Filter-less cooling system boosts reliability and eliminates the need for constant maintenance.
- Built-in dimensioning capability means that users avoid the cost of a separate dimensioning unit.
Accu-Sort Systems is a pioneer in advanced auto ID systems with more than three decades of experience deploying and supporting scanning, tracking and sortation solutions in various industries including transportation, logistics, industrial/manufacturing, and retail. The company is one of the world's leading providers of high-speed laser and camera-based solutions for barcode reading, convergent RFID solutions, as well as complete turn-key integrated systems solutions.