|INFORMATION: Free information is available from Hand Held Products on the subject in this story. Click here to request a copy|
Self-service Image Kiosk(tm)8560 scans barcodes and allows users to check information in real time - improving efficiency, productivity and customer service in retail, manufacturing and transportation
Hand Held Products, the worldwide leader in image-based data collection systems for mobile, in-premise and transaction processing applications, has announced the launch of the Image Kiosk(tm) 8560 interactive mini-kiosk. The revolutionary device allows a multitude of applications within the manufacturing, transportation and retail sectors, making it unique in the market. Users benefit from its self-service customer access, Windows CE integration, and real time communication whilst maintaining a low cost of ownership.
The Image Kiosk(tm) 8560, powered by Adaptus Image Scanning Technology 5.0 allows:
* Manufacturers to control access to secure areas, and to easily locate key assets in their inventory, or check part numbers. This will increase security and improve productivity whilst reducing costs.
* Transporters and airport professionals to control the access for example to lounges and enables users to check the status of their frequent flyer programme or receive targeted promotions. It can also be used at the check-in counters or departure halls to read 2D barcodes on boarding passes, or to display information and maps.
* Retailers to enable shoppers to check prices, product information, store maps and loyalty programme status on their own. They can display targeted promotional messages to influence the customer at the point of decision and increase basket value (narrowcasting). Small and affordable, the Image Kiosks are easy to mount throughout the store and allow retailers to reach their audience where needed. By empowering their customers, retailers improve productivity and enhance customer service.
Key benefits of the Image Kiosk(tm)8560
* Real-time information and self service - find the information needed within seconds
* User-friendliness - intuitive colour LCD pressure-sensitive touch screen, fast scanning and data processing
* Low cost of ownership - less downtime, lower repair costs, increased productivity
* Powered by Adaptus Image Scanning Technology 5.0 and Microsoft CE 5.0
* Added functionality through the use of peripherals or wireless capabilities
* Intel( Xscale 200 MHz processor, 32MBFlash, 64MB RAM, integrated image scanner for customer self-scanning.
"Today's manufacturers, transporters and retailers are looking for ways to become more efficient and better serve their customer base," says Eric de Greef, business manager for mobility systems at Hand Held Products EMEA. "The Image Kiosk(tm) 8560 is the solution for users who value an ergonomic and durable solution, all at a low price point."
The Image Kiosk(tm) 8560 is available from Hand Held Products partner network in EMEA.
About Hand Held Products
Hand Held Products is the world's leading provider of image-based data collection solutions - such as barcode scanners, mobile computers and transaction terminals. The company has a worldwide network of partners, and an extensive client base. Its European headquarters are in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.