New Solution Protects Entire Virtual Machines on VMware ESX Server Platforms
Further broadening its offerings for VMware environments, Double-Take Software, Inc., a leading provider of recovery solutions, has announced Double-Take for VMware Infrastructure, a solution that protects entire VMware virtual machines. Double-Take for VMware Infrastructure helps customers prevent downtime and data loss in virtual environments, making it an ideal component for customers implementing cost-effective disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
Double-Take for VMware Infrastructure runs on a single Windows server in a virtualised environment, and allows administrators to centrally manage and monitor multiple virtual machine protection jobs from any Windows desktop using the client management console. Double-Take for VMware Infrastructure captures changes regularly, keeping the target virtual disks up to date and ready for failover, recovery and backup at any time. During an outage, the replicated virtual machine can be started on the target server with the latest replicated data available.
"Disaster recovery has emerged as a strong driver for the adoption of virtualisation technology," said Brian Byun, vice president of global partners and solutions for VMware. "More than half our customers report using VMware Infrastructure 3 for business continuity purposes because of its simple recovery process and hardware independence."
"Its the optimal solution for virtual machine users who believe ease-of-use and proven reliability are top priorities," added Bob Roudebush, director of solutions engineering at Double-Take Software. "By offering protection of entire virtual machines, in addition to flexible replication and compression features, Double-Take for VMware Infrastructure serves as a viable solution for any organisation working with business-critical systems running in VMware environments."
Double-Take for VMware Infrastructure is compatible with VMware ESX Server versions 3 and later, and VirtualCenter version 2 or later.
Other key features include:
- Agent-less Installation No agent software is required, resulting in easy management and rapid deployment of protection scenarios;
- Enterprise Ready Installs on a single server in the environment; the management console client may be installed on multiple desktops for remote management and monitoring;
- Protection Wizard With just a few mouse clicks, and in less than a minute, a virtual machine protection scenario can be created and deployed;
- Virtual Infrastructure Browsing Leverages the logical groupings and hierarchies available in VMware VirtualCenter, making it possible for administrators to easily navigate through configured virtual machines;
- Compression Options Provides options for compressing the replicated files, providing flexible trade-offs between host system resource consumption and network bandwidth usage;
- Replication Frequency Options Provides flexibility to configure the frequency of change replication based on either the amount of change or the time that has elapsed since the last replication window.
About Double-Take Software
Headquartered in Southborough, Massachusetts, Double-Take Software [NASDAQ: DBTK] provides the world's most relied upon solution for accessible and affordable data protection for Microsoft Windows applications. The Double-Take product is the standard in data replication, enabling customers to protect and recover business-critical data that resides throughout their enterprise. With its partner programs and professional services, Double-Take delivers unparalleled data protection, centralised back-up, high availability, and recoverability. It's the solution of choice for thousands of worldwide customers, from SMEs to the Fortune 500 in the banking, finance, legal services, retail, manufacturing, government, education and healthcare markets. Double-Take is an integral part of their disaster recovery, business continuity and overall storage strategies.