|INFORMATION: Free information is available from Hand Held Products on the subject in this story. Click here to request a copy|
Dolphin(R) 7000 and 9000 (pictured) mobile computer ranges fully RoHS compliant
Hand Held Products, the world's leading supplier of image-based data capture solutions, has announced that its range of Dolphin(R) mobile computers is fully compliant with the European RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
Along with updates in components to comply with the RoHS directive, several other enhancements have been made to the Dolphin(R) 7900 and 9500 mobile computers:
- The integrated Siemens MC75 Quad Band GSM/GPRS radio module allows for advanced real time global voice and data information access, including EDGE.
- The on-board memory has been optimised to include 64 MB RAM and Flash standard and 128MB Flash as option on the Dolphin 7900.
- The Dolphin 9500 now also boasts 64 MB RAM and Flash at no extra costs.
"These improvements ensure easy and fast use of our mobile computers, and we're looking forward to the integration of Windows Mobile 5.0 early this year", said Eric de Greef, business manager for mobility systems at Hand Held Products EMEA.
The main features of Dolphin mobile computers are:
- Adaptus Imaging Technology 5.0: capture signatures, take digital pictures, read virtually all linear and 2D barcodes, as well as read damaged and specialty codes
- World-class ergonomics: lightweight, comfortable to use, various form factors and keypad options
- Ruggedness: solid-state construction for real-world industrial applications
- Extended battery life: built for extended use by mobile workers, high-capacity lithium-ion batteries provide fast-charge capabilities - increasing overall user productivity.
Before the RoHS regulation came into effect, Hand Held Products was already committed to an environmental policy. "Our pledge to operate with integrity applies to all aspects of our business. Our updated Dolphin mobile computers are not only compliant with the RoHS directive, but they also meet the evolving requirements of our clients in terms of image-based data collection. This way, our customers get the best technology and ensure at the same time that they comply with the latest regulations," said Roel Vreeburg, General Manager at Hand Held Products EMEA.
About Hand Held Products:
Hand Held Products is the world's leading provider of image-based data collection solutions - such as barcode scanners, mobile computers and transaction terminals.
The company has a worldwide network of partners, and an extensive client base. Its European headquarters are in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.