|INFORMATION: Free information is available from VOXWARE on the subject in this story. Click here to request a copy|
Voxware, LXE, Infologix and ESYNC presented the latest trend in warehouse control and data capture multi-modal technology in a webcast at ProMat 2007.
Multi-modal technology seamlessly integrates voice, RFID, scanning and other technologies to better support uninterrupted business processes. The result is a significant and measurable improvement in warehouse operations beyond what any single technology can provide. Multi-modal integration allows warehouses to adapt a variety of technologies to their business processes, rather than adapting business processes to technologies.
Here is one example of how multi-modal technology can work:
- A voice-directed system tells a worker where to pick the next item for an order.
- The picker drives a pallet jack to the location and reads a check digit so the voice system can confirm hes at the correct location.
- The voice system tells the picker how many items to pick.
- As the picker loads items onto the pallet, an RFID reader on the pallet jack counts the items, sending that data through the workers wireless wearable computer to the central server.
- When the RFID unit senses that the correct number of items has been loaded, the voice system tells the picker that the pick is complete and directs him to the next location.
To learn more about multi-modal technology and the benefits that such integration can provide, view the following webcast:
You can also learn more by visiting Voxware at ProMat 2007, booth 4250.