Casio have announced the launch of the DT-930, a new rugged, entry-level scanning terminal.
The terminal offers workers in a wide variety of vertical markets an economical way to record information more efficiently. With an incredible battery life of up to 200 hours of continuous operation from 2 x AA Alkaline batteries, the DT-930 is the ideal tool to increase productivity.
The DT-930 is incredibly portable. The products' lightweight ergonomic body weighs only 225g and offers the user a choice of buttons to scan a barcode to help ensure comfortable operation. With large, backlit plastic keys operation is easy even in dark environments such as warehouses or stock rooms. And its bright, high contrast monochrome LCD display is easy to read indoors or outdoors.
The rugged terminal features two choices of high-speed laser scanner - a straight type, which is ideal for retail stocktaking, and an angled type which is suited for scanning packages, pages of barcodes or for fashion retail. For accurate scanning the unit also has three scan confirmation methods, vibration, a large LED or beep to ensure accurate scanning even in noisy or dark environments.
Bluetooth(tm) is standard on both models allowing wireless connectivity to Bluetooth printers for printing shelf edge labels.
Housed in a rugged casing that has been developed to withstand harsh handling and variable weather conditions, the DT-930 has been subjected to a series of severe assessment tests complying with international standards. It is resistant to both dust and water to IP54 rating, and suffers no adverse effects to operation when dropped from 1.8 metres to concrete.
Key features of the DT-930 series:
- High-performance laser scanner with a resolution of 0.127mm and maximum scanning distance of 450mm
- Easy to confirm successful scans with vibrator, buzzer and large 3-colour LED
- Excellent drop impact resistance (up to 1.8 metres), IP54 level dust and water-splash protection, and a broad operating temperature range of -20C to 50C
- Your choice of 2 power sources - either AA-size alkaline batteries or rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Continuous operation of approx. 200 hours when powered by two AA-size alkaline batteries / approx. 50 hours when powered by rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Large plastic backlit keys, ideal for dimly lit environments such as warehouses and stock rooms
- Bluetooth Specification Ver.1.2 (for wireless communication with portable Bluetooth printers)
- Large memory capacity for installation of application software or data backup (F-ROM 16MB
- Application software and optional cradles compatible with DT-900
DT-930M50E: Scanning angle - Angled type
DT-930M51E: Scanning angle - Straight type
The Casio DT-930 series will be available in the UK and Eire from August 2006.
Visit www.casio.co.uk/mobile for more information.