|INFORMATION: Free information is available from Hand Held Products on the subject in this story. Click here to request a copy|
Adaptus(TM) imaging technology 5.0 platform makes mobile devices easier to use in real-world applications
Hand Held Products, the global leader in image-based mobile data collection and communications solutions, announced today that it has integrated its Adaptus(TM) Imaging Technology 5.0 into its Dolphin 9500 and 7900 Series mobile computers.
Adding to the world-class performance of the existing Dolphin 9500 and 7900 Series solutions, enhancements delivered by Adaptus Imaging 5.0 include:
- Faster bar code decoding and improved reading distance on linear and 2D bar codes
- Increased motion tolerance delivering quick reads in mobile applications
- Improved reading in low light conditions
- Increased image resolution - greater image quality for image capture applications and improved reading of wide bar codes
- Improved aiming - easy to see in all lighting conditions and optimal for image capture applications
"End users investing in mobility solutions are demanding enhanced functionality which enable them to make their operations more efficient while providing a justifiable ROI. The ability to read any linear or 2D bar code today - as well as capture digital images - all with one device, is an extremely valuable proposition," said Kevin Ahearn , VP & GM, Mobile and Wireless for Hand Held Products. "By integrating Adaptus Imaging 5.0 into our Dolphin 9500 and 7900 Series mobile computers, we're providing users with a device that is not only extremely versatile, but easy to use as well."
With best in class durability, ergonomics, communication capabilities and battery life, Dolphin 9500 and 7900 Series mobile computers are the perfect solution for demanding mobile data collection applications found in transportation and logistics, postal, retail, healthcare, and government.