Storage Expo is the UK's only event dedicated to data storage. Attended by over 4000 visitors, it features 90 of the world's top storage vendors and an extensive, cutting-edge education programme. The event enables organisations to compare the latest products and services, providing the ideal opportunity to assess how to incorporate the latest storage technology into their current architecture. Storage Expo takes place at the National Hall, Olympia, London from 12 - 13 October 2005.
Platinum sponsors; EMC, Hewlett Packard, Hitachi Data Systems, IBM, and Network Appliance, as well as Gold Sponsors Cisco; Dot Hill, Neverfail, Microsoft, Overland Storage, and Sun Microsystems will all be at Storage Expo bringing you the latest solutions and technology.
This year there's a huge diversity of leading-edge keynote addresses given by some of the industry's top experts. Here are details of just a selection of what's on offer:
Jon Collins, Principal Consultant at Quocirca will unmask the complex world of virtualisation, and explaining in detail virtualisation techniques and applications. His address entitled Storage Virtualisation - Leverage the Present and Architect the Future/Virtualisation Techniques and Applications, is a must for anyone seeking to know more about virtualisation or looking to find out what it can do for you and your organisation.
Frank Timons, Research Analyst with Robert W. Baird & Co. will be revealing feedback from end users, resellers, and vendors on the impact of compliance, virtualization, and Information Lifecycle Management on data storage in his presentation.
John Fell, a Partner at Pinsent Masons, will unveil the impact of the new Companies Act on data storage and compliance in the UK in his session entitled How New Companies Act Fits into the Business Case for Data Storage.
There will also be a number of insightful case studies including:
* Business Continuity Planning - From Concept to Execution by Ann Freeman, Service Manager for Business Continuity Services at Abbey.
* How to Meet the Demand for Continuous Back-up - Working Towards Compliance with Government Legislation by Robin Noble, ICT Manager at the Royal Borough of Kingston in South West London.
* How to use virtualisation to cope with an increased demand for storage - can storage virtualisation improve storage utilization by Martin Bruce, Storage Consultant for Distribution Systems at Friends Provident.
* Developing the Storage Management Infrastructure to meet your Business Objectives by Tony Oliver, Storage Manager, at RWE npower.
If it's an interactive debate or insider intelligence you're looking for, make sure you don't miss the two, expert led, Panel discussions. The first, a panel of senior executives from across many sectors including the University of Glasgow, Eli Lilly, CODA, and Galway Clinic Private Hospital, is on Optimising you data Management Strategy - How to cut cost, improve operational efficiency, deal with real time recovery and comply with regulatory requirements in the demanding & complex business environment. This first Panel Session will be moderated by Jon Collins, Principal Consultant at Quocirca.
Hamish E. Macarthur, CEO & Founder of Macarthur Stroud International will be moderating the panel of senior executives from Network Appliance, Hitachi Data Systems, EMC, Hewlett Packard & IBM. This panel will be discussing the Storage Technology Roadmap - what can you expect from the latest technology trends in support network storage - inventing the next wave of cutting-edge business solutions - facts & reality. If you want to stay ahead of the game or need keep up with what's on the horizon in storage trends and technology, this is an excellent way of hearing if from those in the know.
2005's seminar programme, draws on the experience and expertise of many of the leading lights of the Storage Industry to bring you a seminar schedule that's brimming with choice. So much so that it's been divided into two streams, 1) Technical and 2) Business Strategy, to ensure you get the most from the whole event.
The Business Strategy stream includes:
* How to Deliver Perfect Higher Availability & Disaster Recovery Solutions - And It is Not About Protecting the Data by Neil Robertson, Group CEO, Neverfail Group
* Case Study: Compliance & Risk Mitigation - What is the True Impact on IT and the Company by Richard Hall, IT Director EMEA, CODA, guest speaker of Hewlett Packard
* Information Management Strategy for the Next 5 Years - Intervene Now by Andy Smith, Client Solutions Director, EMC
* Simple, Robust Data Protection by Julian Wheeler, Systems Engineering Manager, UK / Ireland Channel Sales, Network Appliance
In the technical stream you have a huge choice including:
* Even the Data was in Tiers by Dave Haslam, Technical Director, Hitachi Data Systems
* One Step Closer to a Cure a Historical Perspective on the Market of Backup/Recovery and Data Protection by John Matze, Chief Technology Officer, Overland Storage (Europe) Ltd
* Simplifying the Messaging Infrastructure by Mike Walters, Consultant Systems Engineer, Network Appliance
* Intelligent Fabric Applications - Bringing SANs and Storage Virtualization to the Next Level by Dante Malagrino, Senior Manager, Cisco Systems
* Implementing a Tiered Infrastructure for Information Lifecycle Management by Tony Stranack, Technology Business Consultant, EMC
Many exhibitors will be unveiling new products and services at this year's Storage Expo including:
The 3PAR InServR Storage Server will demonstrate how leading IT departments such as SAVVIS and Research International, are simplifying their storage infrastructure and reducing their storage costs by 50% or more.
Adaptec will be using its virtual demonstration centre to showcase its brand new serial storage solutions from SAS HBAs and SAS RAID controllers to external storage systems based around its unique SAS/SATA2 flexible storage architecture. Adaptec will also be showing its new enterprise data replication (EDR) software.
Atempo will announce a new security and compliance related product, as well as showcasing its tiered data protection solution, Time Navigator 4.0, and demonstrating Atempo LiveBackup, a continuous data protection solution for remote desktops and laptops.
Enigma Data Solutions
The European launch of PARS3, an Application Aware ILM solution. The PARS product family has over 15 years experience of archiving data in the Oil & Gas industry. PARS3 is a highly configurable data archiving solution for all vertical markets.
Ji Consultancy will be launching VirtualizeIT (TM), a new business division focusing on the provision of virtual infrastructure solutions to organisations throughout the UK and Channel Islands. The founding team has experienced several years of successive growth in revenues and expertise around virtual infrastructure solutions and the establishment of this new division represents a significant commitment to the market. Partnerships with key technology providers, including IBM, Neverfail, Platespin and VMware will be further strengthened through additional investment and new employees are being recruited.
VirtualizeIT specializes in designing, configuring and implementing both server and storage virtualisation solutions. Virtual infrastructure is enabling organisations to provide IT resources that can be dynamically mapped to the ever increasing business demands. It also enables IT managers to better harness the "horse power" they have already procured by using virtualisation to better utilise storage and CPU space.
McData Tech Systems Ltd
McDATA will be presenting new switch products and focusing on its unique approach to Virtualisation, an element of its Global Enterprise Data Infrastructure strategy (GEDI), which brings together for the first time all the components necessary for a cost-optimised and unified, tiered data infrastructure.
NetApp will be featuring the recently launched midrange storage systems, another hot topic is tackling Security and Storage issues see how NetApp and Decru partner together to address long term storage and security of data.
Enter a prize draw for a signed replica helmet from Renault F1 Team, signed by Giancarlo Fisichella and find out how NetApp helps speed the success of Renault F1 Team by providing their trackside storage systems.
Westek Technology Ltd
Westek will be launching its latest high capacity iSCSI target storage systems, with integrated data replication and failover on demonstration on the stand.
This year, the show also features within it, Documation UK, the only event of its kind focused on the latest solutions and technology for efficient and effective information, content and document management. Including its own, free to attend, dedicated education programme and a host of specialist exhibitors. Europe's top document and information management companies will be exhibiting at Documation including Reddot Solutions; Objective Corporation; EMC Documentum; Stellent; Stilo; Plumtree and Hummingbird.
For more information visit: http://www.storage-expo.com