Engineer-to-Order solution specialist Cincom, on Stand 687 at
Defence Systems and Equipment International (DSEi) 2005, will
release the latest version of CONTROL, its enterprise business
solution for complex manufacturers in the Aerospace & Defence sector.
Cincom says that the new release will help to solve complex manufacturing
business challenges, assist with the drive for Lean operation and accelerate
manufacturing excellence. Cincom Marketing Director, Paul Robinson, said:
"In the ever-changing and consolidating market, Cincom is staying the course
by delivering industry focused business solutions. Acknowledging that
today's complex manufacturers require support for latest business practices,
global connectivity of systems, people and devices, CONTROL uses an
event-enabled environment to simplify business processes across multiple
systems to support a Lean performance management strategy".
CONTROL supports the Lean environment with improved support for Demand
Management, Kanban and Six Sigma, combined with process automation to
eliminate non value-added business processes.
Cincom is seeing renewed interest from the Aerospace & Defence market,
mainly due to the recent record order books that is putting pressure on
manufacturers who are using old and unsupported systems. Many are feeling
pressure from their customers and current requirements include:
- Global presence - especially across Europe for the A&D market.
- Support for 'Lean' initiatives within the Make to Order' environment
- Interoperability with existing systems to 'sweat' existing assets
- Risk management - increased importance of viability of supplier, due to merger & acquisitions
- Industry domain expertise - 'deep' knowledge to understand and match
- Increased compliance management
- Adopting global standards for enterprise applications
- Support for latest business practices such as Lean
"Manufacturers are looking to accelerate their operational excellence by
adopting lean enterprise solutions to help them integrate their business
operations, automate business processes and eliminate waste. Cincom's focus
on complex manufacturing such as Aerospace & Defence, makes this possible
more quickly and efficiently than any other provider," concludes Robinson.