Axeda Systems, the leading provider of device relationship management (DRM) software and services, has announced that its new Axeda Supervisor 9.0 is now shipping. The Axeda Supervisor suite, which includes the new version SCADA/HMI application Wizcon 9.0, has been enhanced with many new features that improve application development productivity, extend connectivity options and increase core platform performance. In addition, this release enables a new set of innovative Axeda Hosted Services (in ASP mode) that leverage the Axeda DRM system to facilitate remote management of multiple facilities and sites, providing online development assistance and central proactive monitoring of globally distributed assets.
The latest Axeda Supervisor release is a clear leap ahead. We welcome Axedas 4th generation Web technology and key new product features which accelerate application development time and reduce cost of maintenance, said Dieter Munsch, managing director of eMation GmbH, Axedas largest distributor based in Germany.
The software is easy to use, offers totally open connectivity and allows extremely fast application development. It is available in 11 different languages.
Key features in Axeda Supervisor 9.0 include:
Rapid application development:
- Full BACnet integration (optional). BACnet is a vendor-independent building automation protocol supported by over 140 device manufacturers. Through this driver, Wizcon 9.0 can fully control a BACnet network and attached devices including upload, modification and download of time-based schedules.
- PLC application development and execution. The integrated WizPLC soft logic editor and runtime, a fully compliant IEC 61131-3 system, has been enhanced to allow for developed programs to be downloaded for execution to any of the 50+ supported controllers within the CoDeSys Automation Alliance. Having a single tool for both the creation and deployment of PLC-based equipment with tight integration with the SCADA system dramatically increases developer productivity.
- Remote hosted services through integration with the Axeda DRM system. Data and alarms collected by Axeda Supervisor can be sent to an Axeda Enterprise server using patented Firewall-Friendly communication. This integration enables connection of SCADA data from sites around the world to a central server for online development assistance, reporting, problem notification, and business process automation.
Improved user and developer productivity:
- User interface improvements. User productivity is enhanced through a new easy to learn and use interface. Virtual keyboard feature simplifies use with keyboard-less operator panels.
- Centralized user management. Hundreds of Wizcon stations can be managed with a single SQL server user profile database, simplifying administration of large numbers of users. Reliability across network outages is improved through local synchronization of user profiles.
- Automatic Tag Generation. Brand new Tag Generator automatically generates tags for complex devices such as PLCs, OPC devices, and BACnet networks. This greatly decreases the time required by developers to create new projects.
Extended platform support and performance:
- Web interface performance increase. Axeda Supervisor 9.0 includes Axedas powerful 4th generation Web interface for greater speed, refresh rate, and number of concurrent users.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 compatibility. Axeda Supervisor takes advantage of the scalability, reliability and simplified administration in the latest Microsoft operating system.
- Multiprocessor and hyperthreading support. The architecture of Axeda Supervisor takes advantage of the latest microprocessor technologies to provide the maximum level of performance possible, reduce total cost of ownership and extend application life.
With Axeda Supervisor 9.0, Axeda will leverage its DRM technology to provide new hosted services that make valuable SCADA data accessible to people and systems worldwide. All hosted services utilize the proven and highly scalable Axeda DRM system and are hosted in a secure data center for 24x7 availability.
Axeda Supervisor 9.0 is the product of our companys extensive experience and development investment in the automation control market, said Chris Guers, Vice president and General Manager for Europe and Asia, Axeda Systems. As a leader in the SCADA software market for over 15 years, we continue to enhance Axeda Supervisor with leading-edge technology to give our customers, integrators, partners and distributors a substantial competitive advantage.
Axeda Supervisor with the new version Wizcon 9.0 started shipping December 24, 2004.