- Momentum Europes largest ever Solutions Centre which included sponsor partners IBM, Microsoft, Symbol Technologies, Vocollect, Alien Technology, Printronix, Zebra, Morse, LXE, Langdon Systems, Intentia, Zetes and Stratus.
- A keynote speech from Nigel Montgomery, European research director of AMR Research, who emphasised the need to adopt a demand-driven supply network, focussing on a pull rather than a push approach to supply chain management.
- A motivational speech from guest speaker Tanni Grey-Thompson, paralympic gold medallist and record-holder who encouraged delegates to seize the day as she recounted the highs and lows of a life devoted to the achievement of ambitious goals and stressed the importance of teamwork.
- A series of solution sessions covering the latest advancements in a whole range of Integrated Logistics Solutions components including distributed order management, RFID, transportation management, voice technology and customs compliance.
- A solution centre that featured a full working demonstration of RFID in a Box including the recently launched EPC Manager, a component of Manhattan Associates Integration Platform for RFID, which eases integration across multiple platforms, applications, data formats and communication protocols.
- The announcement of several key appointments to further strengthen Manhattan Associates EMEA team.
- Training sessions covering a variety of solutions including warehouse management, transportation planning and execution and performance management.
Our marketplace is challenged with adapting to issues of increased globalisation, outsourcing, government legislation and industry standards, said Pete Sinisgalli. This coupled with the increasing adoption of new RFID/EPC and other technology, such as voice, makes it an exciting time for us, our partners and our customers.
"As a long term business partner of Manhattan Associates, were extremely positive about the emphasis Manhattan Associates has placed on making their European conference not just a user-focused forum but a comprehensive supply chain industry event," said Charles Germano, clients executive, strategic alliances at IBM. "This event really provided an opportunity to hear many new perspectives on the ever-changing supply chain market and all the key technologies that are shaping its future. It was also a great opportunity to talk with our joint customers, meet prospects, and network with industry analysts to gain a wide range of differing perspectives on the future of the supply chain industry."
Manhattan Associates next user events will take place in Tokyo, Japan on October 28th 2004 and in Shanghai, China on November 1st 2004. Early, discounted, registration for the global Momentum 2005 industry conference, May 15-18, 2005, is already underway. The conference will be held at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa located in Scottsdale, Arizona.