Cybit, the UK's leading online telematics service provider, will be launching a major new modular version of its Fleetstar-Online telematics technology platform. The new version is the industry's first fully-scalable modular telematics solution, and will be scalable from an entry-level 'reporting-only' solution - offered primarily through Cybit's expanding reseller channel and available from as little as 20 per vehicle per month - through to the industry's most comprehensive telematics offering. The high-end version of Fleetstar-Online will also feature full GPRS connectivity, offer access to the service via PDA or mobile phone, and provide cross network cell location identification for mobile phone or GSM modem tracking together with input/output monitoring coupled with real-time event and alert management.
With its next generation telematics platform, Cybit combines key architecture strengths - such as an OpenAPI and decoupled technology and application layers - to enable organisations to easily integrate Cybit telematics technology with their own applications and bring them to market quickly. In addition, raw telematics feeds of highly accurate data collected at twenty second intervals can underpin the development of third party services in the insurance risk management and traffic planning sectors.
Thanks to the scalability of this next generation telematics platform, Cybit becomes the first vendor to address the varied requirements of the entire telematics market, including:
- The growing number of organisations that simply require weekly reports focused on particular areas of their business such as mileage management or timesheet reporting
- Organisations focused on cost optimisation within the business where the primary need is for pre-configured reports with basic location tracking where lower cost GSM technology is the most appropriate solution
- Businesses looking for extra functionality - with real-time reporting, flexible reporting, intelligent vehicle deployment integrated with real-time traffic information
- Companies with a more sophisticated requirement including worksheets and routing, more complex Input/Output connectivity, GPRS options, and PDA accessibility with a 'find my nearest' capability
- Enterprise telematics solutions, combining both GSM and GPRS technology for different aspects of the business, PDA and messaging integration, complex Input/Output support for increased security or functionality, OpenAPI architecture for 'white label' telematics support, the ability to integrate with key enterprise applications and reporting
"With this major new release of Fleetstar-Online, Cybit is again setting the technology agenda by helping to bring best-in-class telematics benefits to an even broader audience. Fleetstar-Online's unique scalability means that we're able to provide organisations with precisely the level of telematics functionality they require, while also providing them with an incremental upgrade capability so they can add further capabilities whenever they need them," commented Richard Horsman, Cybit's CEO. "For our growing UK reseller channel, we're offering a simplified version of Fleetstar-Online to deliver entry level telematics services that are both scalable and highly competitive. This provides our resellers with both significant service differentiation and upsell opportunities.
"Using a single core telematics platform, we're able to offer more comprehensive packaged and component solutions, scaling to meet the most complex requirements, and we've also decoupled our technology layers to enable third party service providers to embed our technology in their own value added solutions," he added. "In addition to our modular approach, we've also incorporated some major innovations into our new Fleetstar-Online release, including unrivalled connectivity, and advanced I/O capabilities with a range of security and communications features."
- Unrivalled telematics functionality, industry-leading accuracy Fleetstar-Online incorporates key new developments such as support for GPRS, GSM data, SMS communications and cell location tracking capability, and will offer dynamic switching between GPRS and GPS networks. In addition, Cell ID location finding will allow organisations to integrate ad hoc mobile assets
- such as drivers who aren't equipped with full telematics units or subcontractors - simply by tracking their mobile phone. Additional new features include the ability to access telematics data via a PDA, providing mobile users with the answers to essential question such as 'where's my nearest vehicle?' In the future, Fleetstar-Online's advanced I/O capability will also offer support for advanced functionality such as signature capture devices, driver ID and access via specialist DALLAS keys, as well as the current ability to integrate and monitor advanced data sources such as power take-off for commercial operators.
The new Cybit telematics solution also offers particularly high levels of accuracy, generating position reports every 20 seconds and enabling turn by turn reporting through the extremely tight matching of GPS positions to mapping. This ensures the inherent data quality of Cybit's raw telematics feeds, making it an ideal core technology for emerging telematics-based solutions currently being developed by third party service companies - particularly in the insurance and traffic planning space - where telematics data is proving a valuable element in the development of new business solutions.