|INFORMATION: Free information is available from Paxar on the subject in this story. Click here to request a copy|
Paxar UK, the worlds leading manufacturer of apparel labelling and identification products, and supplier of the Monarch brand of products and services, announces the launch of a unique RFID Technology Investment Protection Programme (TIPP) to major grocery retailers, and their suppliers.
TIPP addresses suppliers needs to implement RFID quickly and effectively, as well as comply with stringent requirements to provide shipments with RFID encoded labels.
TIPP comes in the form of specially catered RFID solutions kits, and includes:
- The Monarch 9855 RFID bar-code printer/encoder: Reliable label output in 4 sequential steps - completes a live test of the RFID chip, encodes the chip within the label, prints the bar code and human readable data, and verifies that the information is properly written to the tag. Overstrikes label if a chip fails.
- 10 cm x 15.2 cm (4 x 6) thermal transfer, die-cut labels with Alien UHF Class 1 antenna.
- 12-month RFID Technology Investment Protection: complimentary on-site upgrades and technical support of its RFID printers for a full-year, ensuring that the user remains up-to- date and compliant as the technology evolves;
- Full RFID Reference Guide and Programming Manual; and
- Sample RFID compliance formats with download software.
Todays announcement follows recent news regarding the collaboration between Paxar and Marks & Spencers RFID application. This is the largest garment-specific trial ever! The trial is in its second phase, being conducted at six of Marks & Spencers
Commenting on todays announcement, Rick Bauer, Senior Director, RFID Technical Research, stated: Paxars RFID Implementation kit is truly a complete RFID solution for the retail supply chain. We are one of a very few suppliers with the capability to provide the required printer / encoders, RFID labels and tags, and verification technologies. Taking that technology together with our ability to provide onsite service, and our unique Technology Investment Protection Programme, our customers enjoy a no risk investment in this new technology that they cant find anywhere else.